Portable DVD Player to Acer Projector help

john carter

Standard Member
I used to connect my laptop to an Acer Projector via a VGA cable for movies at home. I also put an audio line from the laptop headphones socket to my stereo system.
Sadly the laptop is now broken and I wonder if I can buy a cheap portable DVD player and connect it to the Acer Projector and my stereo system.
The projector has the following inputs: VGA in, S-Video and Video.
I notice the cheap DVD players have AV outputs. Would this work and how would I do it? Would I need extra cables etc? Would the quality be comparable to what I had before?
Any comments appreciated, I miss my movies!

AV COM

AVForums Sponsor
You could most likely use S-Video, although the quality won't be as good as RGB / component, however if those are the only inputs the projector features then that would be the best you can send to it on a reasonable budget. RGB scart/component video to VGA converters are available but can be fairly expensive for what they are. Check to see if your projector supports RGB scart via the VGA connector (some do, although they generally come supplied with an adapter for this - should be detailed in the manual if so).

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom