Portable DVD Connection to Pc Monitor?

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Pilotdom, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Pilotdom

Pilotdom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

My first post here.

Im looking into getting a portable dvd player. Im thinking about the Shinco SDP-1280. What Id like to know if any of you guys can answer is can you get a Portable player that has a connection to enable connection to a PC Monitor? Or is there a cable I can get to do it.

You may be asking yourselves my reasoning for this? I work shifts and when im on nights there is a pc I can use at work but no dvd drive and its connected to a network that watches whats happening on the pc all the time. So If I could by-pass the pc all together and could connect the portable to play through a pc monitor and use the bigger screen would be great. Also means if anybody comes into the room I can just turn the player off and nobody is any wiser.

Thanks for your help in adavnce
    Dom

2. Stevebo

Stevebo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    you should check the back of the monitor, most LCD monitors have multiple inputs (S-VHS, Antenna or Phono (Red, White yellow connectors) in our days. If you dont have supplied cables Maplins Universal video connection kit covers most possiblities.

Otherwise you need something to convert your output to VGA, not a simple proposition but have a look at the link below. This should do the job, bit expensive though but it works and you can use it for games consoles to PC monitor etc

http://www.savastore.com/productinf...me=Savastore&product_id=10279364&pid=45&tid=3

thanx

Steve

3. Pilotdom

Pilotdom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Steve