1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

portable CD player

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by karkus30, Nov 28, 2004.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Much as I admire the simplicity and functionality of MP3 players, I find the sound quality to be less than inspiring and the same is true of MD.

So Im looking for a really great sounding portable CDP. I cant seem to find any reviews to get me started, which leaves the possibility of listening to a few hundred different machines :eek: . Price really isnt the issue, Im more interested in performance and reliability.

Any ideas??

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Karkus I believe the best sounding [to the assmebled audiophile crowd] is the Sony Walkman CD DE-925 available for roughly £100 or less, nearly bought one myself FWIW.

3. converse

converse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had several Sony's and they come highly recommended, range is massive, the top end ones sounds sublime with good speakers, and also support MP3 CDs, should you waver back to it! Pickup a sony catalogue from a good stockest such a john lewis, then get quotes online.

4. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Cheers chaps, almost forgot I had posted this thread. Sony eh, I did read something about an Aiwa something or other, but can find nothing pointing in that direction.

5. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,084
    I had several sony discmans - well built and good sound. I can't comment on other brands but my sonys were all well worth the money I spent.