port 1025

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lisa burrell, Mar 18, 2006.

1. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i went to sheilds up site.http://www.grc.com/default.htm i ran a port check found port 0125 was not stealth.. spent all evening.. sad person i am.. trying to do stuff about it. Reading about it. I have nothing worth keeping in my computer honest! So i tried even to give it a enema by inserting the mesh back up disc to reformat my drive.. times was getting on.. my computer would not except my original disc because the windows i was trying to format was older than... well you lot work it out... i got rid of 3rd party software ran gibson again port still open. So.. i had a mad moment.. mmmmmmmmmmm.. i hit restore i restored it to 4 months ago. Brilliant... stealth again now.. avg had a major heart attack and had update loads of its files.

Tell me this someone cuz im thick sorry... 1025 been open a long while to close it i ran syteck free firewall along with zone alarm to keep it closed ..was fine.. till one day for no reason i did not upset it honest.. sygate just vanished of my computer..I do not know.. i did not press nothing I should not have.

Nutshell then if anyone else is botherd about security and port 1025 open hit the restore button as far back as you can go. work for me.

other thing

for those of you interested in this sort of thing above.. who may not know

there is a new free site www.vtunnell.com go to it type your favourite search engine in the search box at the bottom press enter. now you can go to tools on your browser. and make this your home page. you can visit all those sites you always wanted to Anon.. and have unlimited downloads but the bad news. you cant get on hear. and the other is when america wakes up about dinnertime in the uk gets a bit slow. but its great really is.. have fun.

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,304
    Sygates been turning itself off on me for a while now . Don't know why ?
    I have just uninstalled it , now I'm behind a router . I am currently running all the scans at http://scan.sygatetech.com/prequickscan.html .
    So far , so good

John

3. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Theres more tonight only had the windows firewall running did the stealth check still in the green still stealth thats untill i reinstalled Zone alarm pro then tried again port 0125 open again .. so.......... zone alarm pro the culpret in my computer.

4. Dom996

Dom996

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Forget the software firewall. Get a router. Even if you are not networking the router will be the ultimate firewall. They only cost about £25 upwards. For example your internet IP maybe 62.34....etc. Your router IP will be something like 192.168.0.1. Your PC will be something like 192.168.0.2 etc...and different for any other PCs (or Macs) that you connect to the network. Can you see why this can make your computer hard to access.

Also any modern router will contain additional hardware firewall settings. I have been on a LAN (network) for 2 years with several machines connected to it, and have had no virus, spyware, trojans etc ever since. Don't get me wrong it won't be infalible, but will be by far the best thing you ever did to protect your computer (still use good antivirus mind you).