1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche or Proton,Lamborghini or Lada??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Drd, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I've had my 435XDE for almost 2 months now and I thought I was delighted with every aspect of it.Recently however I'm beginning to realise there is one thing that is getting to me.I don't know if it's getting worse,or I'm getting more sensitive,but I fear I've bought the slowest accelerating plasma in existence.I realise 0-60 is not the best guide to a car's performance,likewise pressing 'on' button to picture appearance time may not be an important factor for many plasma owners,but it is for me when I'm noticing grey hairs developing faster than my picture.I've just timed my set, FIFTEEN seconds to perform!! Is this normal? I remember a Jasper Carrott sketch where he was trying to estimate how long in a lifetime we spend doing mundane things.Well I've already spent over an hour waiting for my bl**dy plasma to switch on.It's done 360 hours so far.By sheer coincidence,with a 60,000 hr life (the plasma,not me-though I'm beginning to wonder),this means I'm destined to spend a whole week waiting for it to turn on.What a week thats going to be!Anyone out there got a slower one?
    Regards
    Ian

2. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +550
    This is interesting i assumed they all came on straight away.

My PW7 displays a picture in 3 maybe 4 seconds. very quick.

Infact its quicker to display an image then my 32" Sony Wega CRT was to display an image.

Dal

3. Tomo1971

Tomo1971
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    When I switch mine on from standby (red light on panel) using the remote it takes 2 to 3 seconds to display an image, either from the analogue tuner or from an external input (STB). If the screen is switched off (no LED on panel) and I switch it on using the button on the screen it takes about 7 seconds to display an image.

Could yours be faulty?

If I remember back to my Sony 28" W/s that was about the same, maybe slightly quicker.

Hope this helps.

Steve