Porsche Navigation Update

hutchri

Novice Member
Has anyone had any experience of updating the PCM navigation maps on a Porsche 997.1? I believe I have a PCM 2.1 unit - but the various sources all appear to be conflicting over the procedure and whether additional steps/equipment is needed (firmware, DVD readers, etc)

Any assistance or redirection to a clear guide would be fantastic.

sidicks

Banned
hutchri said:
Has anyone had any experience of updating the PCM navigation maps on a Porsche 997.1? I believe I have a PCM 2.1 unit - but the various sources all appear to be conflicting over the procedure and whether additional steps/equipment is needed (firmware, DVD readers, etc)

Any assistance or redirection to a clear guide would be fantastic.
I suggest the Porsche section of Pistonheads might a good place to find the answer?

The official OPC discs are very expensive and a non-official disc / upgrade would invalidate the Porsche warranty.

Why do you want to upgrade? Surely the maps don't change that much??

:confused:
Sidicks

lmccauley

I suggest the Porsche section of Pistonheads might a good place to find the answer?
Yes, this is probably your best bet.

Why do you want to upgrade? Surely the maps don't change that much??

:confused:
Sidicks
Having once been directed onto a road that just stopped after quarter of a mile, it would have been nice to have had up-to-date maps containing the new bypass that replaced it!

However, I admit that I use the satnav in my 987 so little, that I haven't looked much into getting the latest maps once I got an idea of price from an OPC (over £300 IIRC), and the difficulties of getting them elsewhere (I don't remember the details, I just remember that it sounded a right faff, and I never heard of anyone who had managed to do it successfully).

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom