Popping the 'Build your own' Cherry

Haizum74

Hi folks,

I am considering upgrading to a new PC and I am after some help. The one I have now, while been a good workhouse, is getting a bit long in the tooth. So after looking round a few shops etc I decided to hell with buying 'all in one' and go for a barebones PC. So, the current idea I have is this.

Athlon II X4 620
NVIDIA MCP61P Motherboard
4GB of memory
ATI Radeon HD4650 512mb GPU

I mainly use my current one for t'internet, a bit of video converting and a little bit of gaming, usually RPG's RTS's, few emulators and have it running off my 720p Projector.

I chose the GPU as it has an HDMI out socket for my amp.

Looking round about £300 and thats including a HDD. Not bothered too much about masses of GB but above the 100gb will suffice. So, any suggestions?

Cheers

Last edited:

Haizum74

Anyone?

Sonic67

Banned
£300 might be tight for overall. Do you have an O/S, case? powers supply or are you adding those in next?

Haizum74

Yeh got W7 OS, no case though. I have actually just ordered it and also included a 160 gb HDD and a DVD drive with lightscribe. Including delivery tomorrow (Sat) it came to £326 with case too. Oh and that was with the 1gb GPU rather than 512mb

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom