1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popping sound on Mission FS1 6.1 set?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by fill, Jul 30, 2004.

1. fill

fill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This could just be a fault, but has anyone else had a proplem with the FS1 6.1 set.
    When I'm listening to them at a low volume teh sub will keep making a popping sound. Maybe once every 3 / 5 mins. Tuen the volume to a higher level and it seems to go? So it makes the set unlistenable at lower levels.

Anyone else had this problem.
    Any help would be great.

thanks

2. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it set to AUTO ON by any chance?

3. fill

fill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unsure, I'll have a look tonight.

Is this just a switch on the back of the sub?

I know that the red light is always on, until a sound feed is passing though via the amp and then it will go green.

thanks.

4. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends on the sub but usually, you'll have ON, OFF and AUTO on the switch. Auto can be a pain as you often need a decent volume for the sub to actually kick in. If it's too low it will either not turn on or go to sleep again (if it wakes up to start with!). Best to leave the sub switched ON all the time. :)

If you really like the AUTO feature then you can help it by using a Y Splitter cable on the inputs (if the sub has left and right inputs) as this increases the signal sensitivity and helps at lower volumes.

5. fill

fill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think this setup doesn't have any features, as it's an all in one i.e 6 speakers go into the sub, and then the main cable is split from the sub and goes into all the individual speaker ports. I think you only have an off / on switch and sub volume on the back. Have all my old speaker equipment upstairs still in bubble wrap since the move (floorstanding B&W's / Massive REF sub etc.) but this room is a little small to accommodate that stuff which is why I went for the FS1 6.1's. I'll convert the basement one day so it doesn't go to waste!!

6. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see. Might be a bit stuck then. You could try raising the sub volume a tad and see if that helps at all.