1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popping from 1 speaker

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dstev2000, Jan 23, 2005.

1. dstev2000

dstev2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer VSX-D810S amp with B&W rear surrounds and Mordaunt-Short front and centre speakers, I have suddenly developed a popping noise from the front right speaker when adjusting the volune and no sound other than the aforementioned popping!

I swapped the wiring for the front right to the front left and the popping has moved to the left speaker along with the general absence of sound.

Any clues anyone???? :lease:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    As the problem lies with the amp and not with the speakers I will transfer this post to the amplifier forum in case someone else has had this problem.

I would guess that the amp needs to be returned to the retailer for repair or exchange as it does seem to have developed a fault.

3. dstev2000

dstev2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry 'bout that, was in 2 minds whether to post in the speakers or amps department!
    The Amp is over 6 years old and has been "well used" and was a compromise to begin with so I might just go for a new one, £500 budget available, any Ideas anyone?

I was just wondering if it might be a cheap fix to sort it, anything over £100 isn't worth it IMHO and the wife has "authorised" the purchase of a new one, opportunity of a lifetime or what!!!