Poppies of peace

soggs

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well, after making my first venture into the photo competition by voting last month I thought I'd attempt an entry for this month.

I've only got an old copy of Photoshop Elements which I haven't really got round to playing with properly yet, so all I've done with this shot is slightly straightened and cropped it from the original.

Poppies of peace by Soggs, on Flickr

Exif info:
Camera Sony DSLR-A200
Lens Tamron 17-50
Exposure 0.001 sec (1/1600)
Aperture f/2.8
Focal Length 50mm
ISO Speed 100
Exposure Program Aperture-priority AE

Lovely shot - nice perspective view and DOF - it does look quite tranquil - nothing to do with the flowers being poppies though - just a nice peaceful scene :)

Nice to see you entering too :thumbsup:

Lovely shot - nice perspective view and DOF - it does look quite tranquil - nothing to do with the flowers being poppies though - just a nice peaceful scene :)

+1 like it - and its peaceful and the thought of just laying there thinking of nothing in particular is tranquil and bliss is this noisy society we live in.

Nice:smashin: :laugh:

icemanonline

shotokan101 said:

Thanks Jim, it is a nice tranquil spot, I found it when I was out running last week and decided to go back out there to capture the shot, quite happy with the result.

Hopefully I'll be back next month too :)

icemanonline said:
+1 like it - and its peaceful and the thought of just laying there thinking of nothing in particular is tranquil and bliss is this noisy society we live in.

Nice:smashin: :laugh:

icemanonline

Cheers Iceman :) It's definitely one of those spots, slightly off the beaten track, away from the hustle and bustle.

Will have to head back out there soon as there's a nice old wooden windmill that I'd like to get some more shots of too.

This is another shot that really appeals to me. I had considered doing something similar, but I never found a suitable place. The low angle and shallow depth of field for me makes it fit the theme. If I had to be picky, (and this is just my personal opinion) then I would have preferred if it had been a bit sunnier. Of course that was out of your control. :)

Nice one soggs, fits the theme and well composed, It's just that sky that's letting it down.

This is another shot that really appeals to me. I had considered doing something similar, but I never found a suitable place. The low angle and shallow depth of field for me makes it fit the theme. If I had to be picky, (and this is just my personal opinion) then I would have preferred if it had been a bit sunnier. Of course that was out of your control. :)

Nice one soggs, fits the theme and well composed, It's just that sky that's letting it down.

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciated :)

I know what you both mean about the sky, I was really hoping for a nice day to get a good clear blue sky, but with time running out, and the threat of rain on the following days, I had to go with a rather grey overcast day. I had contemplated trying to do something in Photoshop but I think I'd have just made it look too artificial, plus I don't know how to do it! :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom