popmart U2 DVD was finally released today !!!

tausifs

Awesome ! i have waited 7 years for this . the video transfer is good but more importantly the dts 5.1 soundtrack is excellent. . PLUS we beat those yanks for the release date by a week ! makes a nice change, doesn't it ?

bonobaby

bloody hell forgot about this had it on preorder for ages and amazon havent dispatched it yet , looks like canceling and shooting up tescos.
a brill concert ive wore the vhs out so im chuffed its finally on dvd.
oh the wife will be pleased summit to watch tonite (not):thumbsup:

tausifs

BTW I got the single disc version from Sainsbury's for less than £13.

And my wife's sentiments precisely.:devil:

bonobaby

had to get it online in the end but worth the wait, the pic is better than the vhs shame its still 4:3 but its the sound that makes it.
got it running thru my 360 only listened thru heaphones but its the dogs doodahs .

if anyone hasnt seen a u2 concert before this is only second to slane not only a concert but a show as well .

danvitale

Novice Member
You're joking arnt you? Bono's voice is shot during the entire PopMart tour.. Slane was great but the definitive U2 tour available on DVD is by far in my opinion Zoo TV.

motr

Novice Member
Have to agree, the Sydney dvd is excellent. POPMART was easily the best for visuals, it was stunning, but yes, Bonos voice wasn't great.

The extras on the POP dvd are very good. The sarejevo film is very interesting. The only downside is that Miami never got put on this dvd.

I'm sure there is one thing we can all agree on and that is these are all a million times better than the Chicago dvd from the last tour, which was so boring. Usually U2 can take boring studio songs to another level live, but they failed with that one.

By the way, U2 are releasing 3 versions of TJT in November (20th anniversary) and one edition will feature a live dvd from the outdoor Paris show in July 87 apparently.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom