Popcornhour A400

Great thanks, the idea about setting the initial share on the SSD and then adding the main share using NMJ Toolbox sounds like it will do the trick.

New Firmware due today Friday 15th Mar 2013... thats been 2 weeks since last and looks like they have been busy working on the 3D stuff... Here's hoping..

The 3D stuff is due to the new SDK from Sigma which Syabas received this week (wednesday I believe). This does mean that the next firmware will be a stepstone firmware (ie you will not be able to downgrade after installing due to it using a new SDK).

But yes, it reports are that it has pretty much solved the BD buffering rings, 3D and almost solved 3D seamless branching (slight pauses are being reported between branch changes). However Sigma have stated that seamless branching without a BD stack may never be 100% perfect.

Note, I don't have the firmware nor have seen it I'm only going on what has been reported by the person testing it :)

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=66395&pid=607736#pid607736

Release date : 15 March 2013
Firmware version : 05-01-130316-25-POP-422-999 STEPSTONE (Test Release)

Extra Notes:
Please take note that this firmware is a Stepstone Firmware, it is not possible to flash back to previous firmware, because there are major changes in the microcode,
so don't flash if you don't want to test, wait for a official public release!
Since this is the first build, based on the new SDK, take note, because of the major changes, there could be new issues (Regressions) with this build!
We are still adjusting parts of the code, so this is a first Test-build were the main view is to improve Video streaming performance.
This build is not fully tested on playback, this one was only getting a basic quicktest!

1. Known Issues
- Blinking on some mkv testfiles Dexter and Batman with 1080p24 with 1080p60 no issue!
- Splashscreen is missing on bootup in this build (20-40 sec blackscreen on bootup)
- Playing a DVD with DD over Avr and then play any file with PCM gives just noise
- Sample King Kong with DD+ Video doesn't run smooth (still working on it)
- BD with TrueHD when switching next/prev chapters cause audio out of sync
- BD with TrueHD when keep on pressing Info/Title button will get audio drop issue
- BD audio does not always follow BD language set at setup page
- Adaptive Deinterlacing & Film Cadence Detection causing issues with frameratesync and MotionBars when enabled

2. Firmware
- Video streaming performance improvement
- Fixed subtitle out of sync after seek or resume from bookmark
- Fixed audio out of sync after seek
- Fixed some BD hang issues
- Fixed crash at the end of music playlist playback for certain mp3 files
- Improved transition with seamless branched BDs
- Improved zoom/panning speed

3. System
- Enabled screensaver when photo slide show is paused
- Fixed some flac does not show metadata in now playing page
- Update language file for Czech

4. NMJ
- Fixed scanner do not update tv series rating during update scan after adding another seasons
- Fixed scanner do not update total runtime, rating, last play item records for tv series/season/episode, multiple movies during update scan after removing some files
- Fixed incorrect last play item record for tv show
- Added customizable tv series poster

NMJToolbox | The Original Windows Editor for the Popcorn Hour NMJ!

New update:

1.3.1.3 - 16/03/13

Added/Changed
Grabs mirror URL for TheTVDB to avoid outages.
Message if update of TheTVDB toolbar button selected but no entry in the tree is selected.

Fixed
Updating an existing TV entry when the content ID is completed throws an error or simply does not get any data.
Updating TVDB on an episode in some cases queries with the wrong content ID.
Adding a new TV show from an episode(s) in a BDMV or VIDEO_TS folder does not download any TVDB info on initial scan.

New Firmware FORUM RELEASE:

Release date : 22 March 2013
Firmware version : 05-01-130322-25-POP-422-999

Extra Notes:
Please take note that you need to be on 05-01-130316-25-POP-422-999 Stepstone befor you can flash this firmware.

1. Known Issues
- Blinking on some mkv testfiles Dexter and Batman with 1080p24 with 1080p60 no issue!
- Playing a DVD with DD over Avr and then play any file with PCM gives just noise
- BD with TrueHD when switching next/prev chapters cause audio out of sync
- BD with TrueHD when keep on pressing Info/Title button will get audio drop issue
- Adaptive Deinterlacing & Film Cadence Detection causing issues with frameratesync and MotionBars when enabled

2. Firmware
- More Video streaming performance improvements
- Fixed App Market Video streaming issues
- Added "Right Eye First" Setting
- On 3D BD Playback press the "Setup" on your Remote, in Video at the last entry you can switch between "Right Eye First" and "Left Eye First"

3. System
- Fixed missing Splashscreen
- Update language files for German, Czech and Hungarian

4. NMJ
- Minor Bug Fixes

Note: you MUST install the following firmware first:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/download/a400/05-01-130316-25-POP-422-STEPSTONE.zip

Then you can install the NEW firmware which you can find here:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/download/a400/05-01-130322-25-POP-422-Forum.zip

Note(1): You CANNOT downgrade your firmware if you install this release.

Full forum notes and responses here:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=66468

NMJToolbox | The Original Windows Editor for the Popcorn Hour NMJ!

New Update :)

1.3.1.4 - 26/03/13

Added/Changed
Speeded up selection in 'New internal track list selection screen'
Added subtitle track number in playback status as the description on some titles are all the same!(Moon BD for example)
Improved Movie detection if (YEAR) added to name of media file (will directly search for a title and year match to avoid you selecting from multiple results).
Shift-Click allows selecting a range of tracks in Playlist 'Add Tracks'

Fixed
Changing subtitles in the remote tab does not always change them.
Changing Video File on a right click and selecting a bluray or DVD folder structure file adds the wrong path details.
Multiple audio tracks available but sometimes the track selection combo is disabled.
Selecting different internal playlist nodes does not always clear the previous results before adding the new tracks.
Track Selection Screen for playlists has duplicate track entries.
NMJT2 continually queries the PCH in an endless loop in some circumstances when using the remote.

Hi guys, I have a issue with NMT Setup Wizard. I have a 8 gb sd cards but when I try to install Nmt setup on step 3 there is a choice like online media or online but next step when I choose and push done button on screen "no new updates available" so I cant install NMT because of this issue , I try with sd cards and usb flash disk but no change please if you help me about that I'll be pleased.

If you are installing the forum release firmware you have to manually update nmt apps. when you download a forum release inside is nmt.apps put that on a root of usb and click usb install.

also note if this is a first time install sometimes it wont do an online install and same steps apply

If you are installing the forum release firmware you have to manually update nmt apps. when you download a forum release inside is nmt.apps put that on a root of usb and click usb install.

also note if this is a first time install sometimes it wont do an online install and same steps apply

Thanks for reply so another question :) is it possible to change pch a-400 menu skin ?

New Forum Release Firmware:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=66547&pid=609546#pid609546

Release date: 28 March 2013
Firmware version: 05-01-130328-25-POP-422-000 (STEPSTONE RC1 FIRMWARE)

Extra Notes:
Please take note that this firmware is a Stepstone Firmware,
it is not possible to flash back to previous public firmware
05-01-130205-24-POP-422, because there are major changes in the microcode!

1. Known Issues

2. Firmware
- Fixed after playback video using audio passthrough, YouTube does not have audio output
- Fixed App Market Video streaming issues
- Fixed audio now playing screen highlight on wrong song sometimes
- Fixed Blinking on some mkv test files Dexter and Batman with 1080p24 with 1080p60 no issue!
- Fixed BD with TrueHD when switching next/prev chapters cause audio out of sync (NOT VERIFIED)
- Fixed subtitle out of sync after seek or resume from bookmark
- Fixed audio out of sync after seek
- Fixed some BD hang issues
- Fixed crash at the end of music playlist playback for certain mp3 files
- Added "Right Eye First" Setting
- On 3D BD Playback press the "Setup" on your Remote, in Video at the last entry you can switch between "Right Eye First" and "Left Eye First"
- Improved Video streaming performance
- Improved Buffering issues with some 1080p mov Apple Trailers
- Improved transition with seamless branched BDs
- Improved zoom/panning speed

3. System
- Fixed missing Splash screen
- Fixed some flac does not show metadata in now playing page
- Fixed focus at bd_rip, dvd_rip and video_iso, hit play key able to play playlist issue
- Fixed or Improved Network Drop Issue (NOT VERIFIED)
- Enabled screensaver when photo slide show is paused
- Update language files for German, Italian, Czech and Hungarian

4. NMJ
- Fixed update scan could keep duplicating the same external subtitle record to database
- Fixed AVCHD always get file size zero in scanner#
- Fixed scanner do not update TV series rating during update scan after adding another seasons
- Fixed scanner do not update total runtime, rating, last play item records for TV series/season/episode, multiple movies during update scan after removing some files
- Fixed incorrect last play item record for TV show
- Added customizable TV series poster

In the release notes above :)

"- On 3D BD Playback press the "Setup" on your Remote, in Video at the last entry you can switch between "Right Eye First" and "Left Eye First""

If they could port XBMC onto this, would definitely buy this. Anyone know if there is any chance of that happening?

Can confirm that the network drop issue is not fixed with the latest firmware. Still having to power off and on again every day due to it.

Rom said:
There is a way to get the DB on the SSD. Set the NMJ up to scan the SSD as a media drive first (which will make it create the DB on the SSD) then use NMJToolbox2 to add the proper share to the database and rescan (I would recommend scanning with NMJToolbox2 as it tends to be faster).

As to YAMJ, there is an IPad/Android add-on for it called iSkin. You will also have to use Eversion with yamj to enable flash support as the standard YAMJ install is HTML - which the A400 does not support).

Trying to use this method, but think I've not set something up right!

I scanned a folder on the SSD using the PCH, which created a database, I then used the Settings->Paths option in NMJ Toolbox 2 to add the folder containing all my media to the database and rescanned. This appears to have populated the database correctly and I can see the cover art etc. for the films on the PCH, but when I try and play a film I just get a black screen for a bit then just go back to the film selection screen.

I'm guessing I've maybe added the folder with the media incorrectly in NMJ Toolbox and I'm therefore getting the wrong paths or something. In the path mapping dialog the PCH_PATH is set to "smb://(PopcornHour=cWdnNjck)MEDIASERVER/nmj" which is the folder containing the database, the WINDOWS_PATH is set to "V:\ServerFolders" which is the parent folder for my media, with subdirectories for music, videos etc. Looking at the file path listed for a film in NMJ I see it says, for instance, "smb://(PopcornHour=cWdnNjck)MEDIASERVER/nmj/Videos/Film/Adam (2009)", which obviously isn't actually the location of the film.

So, any ideas what I've done wrong? When searching for an answer I've seen responses saying that the PCH_PATH and WINDOWS_PATH should be the same, but then I don't understand how the mapping would work!

The Windows_Path should point to EXACTLY the same location to the PCH_PATH indicates (it is just the path your windows machine needs to go to to get to the same path as the PCH indicate but in Windows notation, not Linux).

ie: smb://(PopcornHour=cWdnNjck)MEDIASERVER/nmj in the PCH_PATH you should have a path in the WINDOWS_PATH field that points to the same folder 'nmj'

So, in your case 'V:\ServerFolders' cannot possibly be correct as the windows path does not end in 'nmj' - which is where the PCH path is pointing to.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but the mods on the community support forums really have got a bug up the backsides and frankly some of the replies are so unprofessional its dumbfounding

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but the mods on the community support forums really have got a bug up the backsides and frankly some of the replies are so unprofessional its dumbfounding

As mod over there and a user here why air out dirty laundry on one forum to another? But its things like this that make people go insane. And I myself act like I want to act If i was employed Sure I would be different but being a member on multiple forums I have found users can often dish out more then they are willing to accept back.

Being a mod I have had people call me a liar, that I work for syabas, that I am a fanboy, That I have no clue what im talking about, Now remember I am a user just like them that takes some of my free time to try to help people with issues, but the second you turn one of them comments back on a user the whole community jumps down your throat saying you are in the wrong.

It's not dirty laundry its simple fact. Not getting into a tit for tat, people can read and make their own minds up. All I'm saying is that in the position they are in they have to behave better.

I would like to see a comparison between picture quality of A400 VXP and Dune 3D, some people say that HD sources its no different

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom