• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

popcorn hour or bray player

turbo911

hi
i,v been doing my home work on the pch 200 for a while now but can,t seem to find the answer i,m looking for, does it play b,ray quality video (from the hard drive,compressed) as well as a stand alone b,ray player denon 2500bt for example many thanks......

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
Yes. It can take a bit of tinkering to extract the part you need from the bluray image but it's not that tough. What files are you going to be playing?

turbo911

hi sorry for the delay in replying, being a newb at this prob going down route of slyfox and mt2 files ect, is the idea of all this that you have to rip a b ray disk or can you download b ray quality from sites such as i tunes or limewire ect prob stupid question but me as a newb want to learn and progress many thanks....bottom line what i,think i,m trying to say is popcorn hour about ripping dvd and bray disks then transfer, or can you download and then transfer to pch with bray quality...quality is a must ......

MarkTaylor

Just a reminder that while you can ask about the quality you can obtain from legal downloads, there should be no debate about downloading versions of copyright protected material equivalent to the rips you would make from Blu-Ray disks you own.

Member 351202

bottom line what i,think i,m trying to say is popcorn hour about ripping dvd and bray disks then transfer, or can you download and then transfer to pch with bray quality...quality is a must ......

you can (legally) download rips or create your own but for "QUALITY" then you probably shouldnt touch a rip and stick with the orginal.
While you can get 1 click solutions it can take a long time to learn how to rip movies properly.

turbo911

Just a reminder that while you can ask about the quality you can obtain from legal downloads, there should be no debate about downloading versions of copyright protected material equivalent to the rips you would make from Blu-Ray disks you own.

oops just reread my thred sorry!!!!

indiejones

Go here for a guide in converting your BluRays & HDDVD's to PCH
ToNMT UI - for converting HD DVD and BluRay

And as for quality that's down to how you've ripped it I've ripped my HD movies and I can't tell the difference, now for PCH vs BluRay player I've got both and all I can say is... I hardly touch my BluRay player I only use it if I want to play something thats not yet on my PCH... since getting my PCH all I can say is I can't believe I did'nt get one sooner

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom