PopCorn Hour and NowTV

matthewgordon

Standard Member
Hello,

I have just purchased a new TV for the kids room and it comes bundled with a NowTV box.

Can anyone tell me a way to link this box with my A110 PCH (which is in another room) without my PC being on?

Would be great to stream the videos on the PCH through the NowTV box.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

next010

Distinguished Member
Tricky as the A110 is a file server and may or may not have a UPnP server.

The NowTV box is a Roku and the built in media player channel on Roku at least got updated to support UPnP/DLNA servers, however I don't know if the NowTV variant also got this. Also Roku typically only play MP4/MKV videos so it wont work with a wide range of media.

matthewgordon

Standard Member
Tricky as the A110 is a file server and may or may not have a UPnP server.

The NowTV box is a Roku and the built in media player channel on Roku at least got updated to support UPnP/DLNA servers, however I don't know if the NowTV variant also got this. Also Roku typically only play MP4/MKV videos so it wont work with a wide range of media.

Thanks for the reply. I've set up plex on the nowtv box and this works a treat...but I have to have the PC on to act as the server.

If anyone else knows how it can be done that would be great...

If not....

Any suggestions for a media streamer that would work well with the pch and is wireless?

Thanks

next010

Distinguished Member
Roku forums might be the place to ask what you need is a way to access the samba server on the PCH, thats what you ask and see if anyone knows if there is anything like that for Roku.

WDTV Live is wireless and will play media from the samba network shares on the PCH.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom