Popcorn Hour A-410

If they are srt subtitles external subtitles you can change the size. hit the subtitle button the take color off auto and it will open up a size option.
This is the post I was looking for. Not even the mnaul says take the auto-colour off...thank you mate.

Hi all
Can anyone tell me why my internal hdd in the A400 starts up again straight after I shutdown the unit?
I have just updated the firmware but it's still doing it. Ok, as I write it has now shut itself down after 5 mins..... but last night it kept going a fair bit longer!

Any advice welcome.

Ta

Steve

Have had my A-410 running flawlessly until yesterday.
Was adding a new TV series (Last Tango in Halifax), had trouble with NMJ2 accepting it, when I tried to play an episode it rebooted my A-410 and now I cant access any of my shares.
I have tried unplugging power but no change.
My IR extender will no longer function, I have to aim remote straight to A-410 to make a change,

I am baffled

have tried numerous times, keeps saying shares not available.
I have deleted the shares & re added them but still no luck.
I have been thinking of doing a factory reset.
Any thoughts?

It won't do any harm, setting back up is easy enough. Apart from the time consuming process of setting the shares back up again that is.

Are you setting up your shares with an IP address or network names?

If using an IP then there is a good chance they are issued by DHCP and therefore after a reboot the IP address can easily change and your shares would therefore be broken.
So either set all devices in the media chain with a static IP or use the PC/share names rather than the address. I find setting static IP's easier and so both my media player & NAS have static addresses
upload_2015-8-2_21-7-56.png

top line is PC to NAS connection using the network name, second line is media player to NAS connection using the static IP of the NAS.

If you have an internal HDD in the PCH then you should just need to set a static IP for the A-410 - but make sure you use an address outside of the DHCP range or reserve the address on the router.
upload_2015-8-2_21-13-38.png

Mark.

Haven't done a reset yet, don't know which option to choose.
I can see my movies on the internal hdd, but when I add the share & try the Jukebox again the message "share no longer exist"

have your rebooted the box the shares are on. If its a windows box sometimes the shares can hang windows thinks they are open and wont issue a new connection

There is an issue on the A400 which I am pretty sure is also on the A410 with Windows shares.
After rebooting the A400/410 begins a new Windows browser session which requires about 10-15 minutes until the PC which is master browser accepts connections from it.
Very frustrating, due to the version of SMB code used in the A400/410.

I had an email from them about that, it says something about the state of the company.

The main thing with these players is then firmware updates and bug fixes and at the moment with kick starter project seems to me that the company is going down judging by their previous players and lack of firmware on some.

Android boxes have pretty much taken over their market.

Finally got my system working, got my shares back by deleting all my paths in NMJ2 & starting afresh.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I thought I had this beat, movies will not play from Jukebox but will play from file mode.
Any help would be appreciated.

If you mean you used NMJToolbox2 (not the built in NMJ Manager) and films don't play from the NMJ but do in file mode then it means you have not set the paths or you have set them incorrectly in NMJToolbox2. Need more info to be able to help.

If you mean you used NMJToolbox2 (not the built in NMJ Manager) and films don't play from the NMJ but do in file mode then it means you have not set the paths or you have set them incorrectly in NMJToolbox2. Need more info to be able to help.
Hi Rom,
I set up the share on A410 then went to NMJ2 & ran multishare & then ran the scan to update.
When I open the Jukebox all the movies are there, cover art every thing, but when I hit play I get a yellow exclamation mark at top screen, movie wont play. But if I go to file mode the movies will play.
Let me know if you need more info.

cheers

ok, so my statement stands, as you are using NMJTB2 then your paths are set up incorrectly which makes the NMJTB store the wrong paths in the database and hence they won't play in the NMJ. If you need help on this I would need to know your PCH_PATH and WINDOWS_PATH entries in settings->paths

I can't see where your first PCH_PATH is pointing as the column has not been extended. However, the second two paths are both wrong. Record 25 says the PCH is looking for TV Series but you have it pointing to a root folder on your A410 called Movies - which is obviously wrong. Row 27 is pointing to simply 'multimedia' but the windows path is pointintg to 1 level lower (multimedia\movies), that one you need to take the \movies off the end.

The windows path must ALWAYS point to the same location as the PCH path is looking at.

Remember, if you change path mapping you will need to re-add all of the files on that share. Simply run 'Remove Deleted File Entries' after changing the windows paths - this will remove all entries where they have an invalid path. Then re-scan your media. If you are not sure if you have set the paths correctly simply add one file from that share and then see if it plays. If it does not then you have still not corrected the path.

I can't see where your first PCH_PATH is pointing as the column has not been extended. However, the second two paths are both wrong. Record 25 says the PCH is looking for TV Series but you have it pointing to a root folder on your A410 called Movies - which is obviously wrong. Row 27 is pointing to simply 'multimedia' but the windows path is pointintg to 1 level lower (multimedia\movies), that one you need to take the \movies off the end.

The windows path must ALWAYS point to the same location as the PCH path is looking at.

Remember, if you change path mapping you will need to re-add all of the files on that share. Simply run 'Remove Deleted File Entries' after changing the windows paths - this will remove all entries where they have an invalid path. Then re-scan your media. If you are not sure if you have set the paths correctly simply add one file from that share and then see if it plays. If it does not then you have still not corrected the path.

Thanks for that Rom, I think I am back in action.
What I don't understand is why all this happened. I added a TV series which the NMJTB2 put into movies. When I tried to watch the series it put my Popcorn into reset mode & screwed up all my shares & I have been trying to get back to normal ever since.
Anyway thanks again Rom.

NMJTB2 will look in the filename for standard series/episode notation (eg S01E04 or 1x4 for series 1 episode 4 in these examples - I recommend the first way). NMJTB2 will add the file to TV shows only if it sees this format to indicate the season and episode numbers. If it does not find this pattern then it will always add to movies.

Anything before the episodes notation will be taken as the series name. Anything after will be used as the episode name unless it finds a match on the TVDB then it will use the 'official' episode name on the TVDB.

A load of files seem to have appeared in my Movies folder, they're .nfo files.

Anyone know what thats all about ?

Cheers

If you use nmjtoolbox2 there is an option to export the database information into each movie folder (ie it saves any customised info for you to use if you want to rebuild your database). Maybe you took this option by accident? It is on Bulk Actions->Export .nfo files.

Another option is if you use the thumbnail facility in the file browser on the PCH, this will create a thumbnail for each movie title you view (it downloads the image and info from the internet and stores the data with the movie).

If not that then I have no idea where they are from. Look at the date created, if they are all the same some tool has been run on that date to create them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom