Popcorn Hour A-410

No, the only media players I know of that can decode the HD audio formats are the Dune players.

Mark.

im reading the dune section now, but im still not sure if it decodes hd audio to pcm 2.0 and nor 5.1 or 7.1?

Depends on how you setup the Dune, but it is capable of decoding to 2.0, 5.1 or 7.1 (depending on the number of channels in the source media).

Mark.

can you plz tel me which dune model does that? so i can look at the manual thanks.

Setup / Audio
This section of the setup menu allows to set the connection type of relevant audio equipment.

Digital audio output mode: you may switch the mode of digital optical output:

• PCM (Pulse Code Modulation, forced decoding): a mode in which the original sound track, i.e. Dolby Digital or DTS, is converted (decoded) to the Pulse Code form. It is supported by decoders of virtually any up-to-date audio equipment. But this mode is only recommended in case your AV receiver does not support full decoding of multichannel sound of above formats, or the audio subsystem of a TV set connected via HDMI cable is used instead of a home theater system.
  • Original (Bitstream): a mode in which the original sound track, i.e. Dolby Digital or DTS, is transmitted to an external decoder in its original, encoded, form. Refer to the "Transmission of Digital Audio to AV Receiver" section. HDMI audio: turn on and off transmition of audio signal via HDMI.

this doesnt mention hd audio or true hd? i might just buy a ps3 for bluray playback, but wanted something so i can rip my bluray to mkv with hd audio and playback from a media player for the ease of use.

The Zappiti Player is just a Dune but with modified firmware for the Zappiti video wall.

As we are now mainly talking about Dune media players can I suggest we move the discussion to a Dune thread, or create one of your own. This is now talking the PCH thread off topic :oops:

Mark.

hi can any one tell me if they have problems with the sound dropping in and out every now and then on the popcorn hour 410 especially on truehd sound tracks i dont have that problem on my mede8er 1000x3d can any one help

Last edited:
If you're just using the file browser is there a way to have a watched indicator automatically added to files once you've watched them?

hi can any one tell me if they have problems with the sound dropping in and out every now and then on the popcorn hour 410 especially on truehd sound tracks i dont have that problem on my mede8er 1000x3d can any one help

There have been some reports are you playing over a samba connection seems to happen more for people that do?

If you're just using the file browser is there a way to have a watched indicator automatically added to files once you've watched them?

Not that I know of. but you can use the NMJ listview and it should work I think

no pop corn hour is just connected my av amp sound drops out every now and again for about 1 second and comes back it seems to happen on True HD sound tracks it would be good to now if anyone else is having the same issue

Samba (aka SMB or cifs) is a network protocol for streaming your media from shares on your PC or a NAS. I believe it is the default protocol so unless you setup NFS streaming then this is how you are streaming your media to the PCH - assuming you are streaming rather than using an internal or USB HDD.

Mark.

im not streaming just watching my films off a hard drive i dont have the same problem playing my films off my hard drive with my mede8er 1000x3d

Hi everybody, planing to buy pch a410, and have question about it. I have synology NAS DS214play (DSM 5.1). NAS connected to home lan, and have external internet access (DDNS Hostname). at the moment i am not at home and will be away for long time. so the idea is to buy media player that can access my NAS over internet directly (not through phone and than airplay, but directly, being connected to internet through WiFi) .
So the question is, can pch a410 accomplish this task ? (this is temporary need , after i plan to connect it to home network to replace wd live hub )

another question, which wifi dongle can be used with a 410 ? only WN-160P Wireless USB or any others ?

thank you for you answers

Last edited:
Im looking at what i can add now to make my movie wall look a little prettier.

Currently using the inbuilt NMJ manager.

Is there anything i can add like bright blue borders around the poster art for example ?

I'm on a Mac if that makes a difference.

Cheers

Are my options for this quite limited or none existent because I use a Mac ?

My A-410 got kind of FW update 2 weeks ago, now audio is missing from all mp4 files (via HDMI). Can't find solution.

4K support has to be built into the chip used, the A410 can't do it.

Strange - why then I can play these 4k videos in my PC using VLC or MPC? My PC don't have any special chip for 4K and even my monitor is not for 4K.
Isn't it possible to solve this (support+downscale) using software/firmware only?

A PC can have multiple decoders, the chip in the A410 has little processing power so has to use it's hardware decoder.

As said a media player has very limited processing power, so all decoding is done in the hardware. All the media player decoding is therefore locked down to what was made available when the chipset was designed, there is no real upgrade path with them.
A PC has significant processing power so has the ability to decode in software which can be installed and updated as required.

Mark.

I sold my one and built a fanless nuc with kodi future proofed and now the possibility are endless

Hi everyone. I have this media device and I am trying to use external subtitles (.srt) with the plex app, but I can´t manage to get them working. I tried to find a solution in plex forums but it has been hacked and they are currently offline. Does anyone know how to fix this?. I have read that we have to activate the samba path, and then you need a configuration file, but as I said, I didn´t manage to find information about this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom