Popcorn Hour A-410

Can somebody tell me how install NMT. It fails to download, then I try to installs it online mode. Is it possible to do it in local mode? I'm on last firmware

Can somebody tell me how install NMT. It fails to download, then I try to installs it online mode. Is it possible to do it in local mode? I'm on last firmware

Go to cloudmedias website download the newest firmware zip. it will have a file called nmt.apps I think put that on the root of a usb stick and then goto install nmt apps it will find the usb stick and install from there

hi can anyone tell me how the popcorn hour A410 compares to the mede8er 1000x3d in terms off picture quality and over all peformance
I would say that on a big screen (> 50" ) you're going to note an improvement in image quality, although in terms of LAN network streaming performance I think Syabas made a step behind with this model compared to old ones and/or to Dune/Mede8er....

hi can anyone tell me how the popcorn hour A410 compares to the mede8er 1000x3d in terms off picture quality and over all peformance

The popcorn is much better in terms of pq and find the menu quite fast but the mede8er has quicker menu response.

I owned mede8er, Popcorn a410, dune base3d and dune prime 3.

Now I have prime 3.0 and popcorn a410 and my xbmc nuc.

Thanks

In terms of pure network streaming performance I think that today the fastest by far is still the Dune, practically unbeatable, having them both. In playing ISO BD 3D in particular - via SMB or NFS - Dune is nearly twice as fast in time response via the remote control (i.e. skipping chapters, going 6x, etc.).
That at least IMHO.

^^ sounds about right Dune has always been better at ISO support and PCH has always been better with MKV support.

My setup basically consists of my PCH 410 connected to Yamaha avr 673 via HDMI to a 4 way HDMI splitter which then feeds my Samsung TV in the lounge (no separate speakers) and a Sony projector and 7.1 speakers in the cinema room.
I used to be able to watch TV series in the lounge no problem, just switch the PCH on, set the amp to PCH and that was it. Then I started having to turn the amp on and mute it for any audio to play in the lounge. Now I can't get any audio to play at all in the lounge whatever I try.
The problem probably started a couple of months ago but i ignored it due to not watching a great deal of stuff in the lounge anyway. Has anyone got any ideas to what I might have set wrong or is it not possible anymore since an update? I'm totally lost hopefully someone can help :)

The only thing I can think of that has changed in the time since it worked fine is, I've replaced my old JVC projector for the Sony which also meant I had to disconnect my bedroom TV from the splitter due to the Sony not liking it being connected.
Thanks!

sounds like you have an hdmi edid issue going on. ONe of your devices is most likely broadcasting its edid and nothing else likes that information. what splitter are you using. does it allow edid and does it allow you to override it?

This is the one I'm using
Cablesson 1x4 HDMI Splitter - Cablesson
Couldn't answer any of your other questions, can't see any mention of edid on the page.
I attempted to set my amp to stereo earlier and it wouldn't even let me switch to that to try it.
I guess the easiest way around all this is to use DLNA on the TV rather than use the player. Just need to re-terminate the cat6 now.
Thanks anyway mate.

Im looking at what i can add now to make my movie wall look a little prettier.

Currently using the inbuilt NMJ manager.

Is there anything i can add like bright blue borders around the poster art for example ?

I'm on a Mac if that makes a difference.

Cheers

I have an A410 and an Intel NUC 2820 with XBMC.
I like the video of the A410 and the interface of XBMC. Interestingly the NUC video is better than many PC graphics cards for me.

Does anyone use NMJ navigator? I've just got an iPad and tried it out last night for the first time but can't get it to connect to my PCH. I've tried both scanning for it and putting my IP address in manually but it just won't find it.
Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Does anyone use NMJ navigator? I've just got an iPad and tried it out last night for the first time but can't get it to connect to my PCH. I've tried both scanning for it and putting my IP address in manually but it just won't find it.
Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong? Thanks

You need to install the App.

You need to install the App.
Do you mean on the iPad or the PCH? I've already got it installed on the iPad. It just can't detect my PCH when I open it.
I use MobileRC on my iPhone and that detects it fine so it shouldn't be a network issue.

What happens when you open the App on your iPad ?

Can you see 'device' in the top right corner ?

What happens when you open the App on your iPad ?

Can you see 'device' in the top right corner ?
Never mind mate it's sorted itself out somehow. I just opened the app again now and there it was. It could be because I've just updated my library. I had already scanned them all when I first got the PCH so I did have a library so who knows.
Thanks for your efforts anyway.

Can I play high resolution audio files (24-192) on PCH A-410? I tried it but something goes wrong.

im looking to try the popcorn hour 410 how does it perform is it bug free i have a mede8er 1000x3d and it performs faultlessly has any one gone from a mede8er to a popcorn hour 410 and if so what are there thoughts

Last edited:
im looking to try the popcorn hour 410 how does it perform is it bug free i have a mede8er 1000x3d and it performs faultlessly has any one gone from a mede8er to a popcorn hour 410 and if so what are there thoughts

Id be interested in this as well. I have a Dune at the moment and Id like to change. I know the Popcorn hour has its own movie wall display, is that why you are thinking of changing from a mede8er?

I own both the Med600x3d and the pch-a400. I use my pch-a400 as my main player and the med600x just to play mvc/mkv files. The a410 will have a couple crashes from time to time mostly coming out of standby but other then that its solid for me.

Is there a movie wall type program for the mede8er? I have been using yadis with my Dune.

hey can the popcorn hour a410 output dts hd and true hd sound via lpcm 5.1 or 7.1? this is crucial for me as i will be using monitor audio asb2 soundbar and it can only take pcm sound.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom