Popcorn Hour A-400 ? how to add hard drive to wifi network?

avswinner

Standard Member
hi I just bought the a-400 but nowhere in the manual does it say how to hookup a external hardrive to your network, I have a good netgear router, im assuming you hook up the hard drive to the router and then connect wirelessly to yer router through popcorn hour,, and you should be able to stream movies wirelessly.? but does anyone know the specific steps on how to do so? thankyou..

Rom

Why would you expect a media player instruction manual to tell you how to install a 3rd party external drive to your network?

Firstly the A400 does not have wireless unless you bought the extra wifi dongle. What is the 'external hard drive' that you have? Is t a NAS? A USB drive?

avswinner

Standard Member
no thanx to u guys, I figured it out,, what u need to do is get yerself a router like the one I got a netgear wndr3400 that has a usb port on it so you can attach your external hard drive,, and then that's it just save your movies to the hard drive turn it on and connect to that router either wired or wirelessly and the popcorn hour pick it up when you go to networked media,,, wala..

Rom

Or you could have just plugged it into the Popcorn Hour itself :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom