Popcorn Hour A-210 Blu-Ray Drive

Lammy1961

Standard Member
I'm just about to become the owner of a Popcorn Hour A-210 and I was wondering if it's possible to install an internal Blu-Ray Drive and internal Hard Drive........And if this is the case can anyone recommend one.

Thanks in advance.

MarkE19

Simple answer is no.
There isn't room in the case for a both a HDD & BluRay drive and certainly no panel in the front to give access to the BD. The A-210 can take an internal HDD though.
Only the C-200/C-300 can have a BluRay drive fitted - and for them to also take a hotswap HDD it needs to be a slim line drive as you would need to remove the hotswap bay to fit a full sized BluRay drive.

Mark.

Lammy1961

Standard Member
Thanks MarkE19 for the quick reply....So....Would it be possible to attach an external Blu-Ray Drive, and can you suggest one.

Regards.

MarkE19

An external drive 'might' work, but I've seen it mentioned that if you use one they often wont play a disc that has any type of protection on it. So a bought film would not play, but home made discs should be fine. I'm not too sure if this is true as my media player has a built-in BluRay drive and that has played everything I've tried on it. Hopefully somebody has actually tried it with an A-210 and can comment on what did or didn't work for them.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom