Popcorn C-200 specs and pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
besides most dvds are 576p or 480p (after proper pulldown stuff), why interlace and deinterlace again?

Only feature film material, TV/video material is still mainly interlaced.

I guess the real question would be which bit of equipment can do the best de-interlacing and scaling to the TV's panel resolution - the TV or the C-200?

Andre

Just thought of another question - does the C-200 have the ability to respond to IR remote control codes? Everything on my AV system is controlled from one IR universal remote (learning type) and I would obviosuly want any new box to be able to be controlled the same way.

This is a standard requirement for any high-end AV equipment setup so I'm sure it does it, but just wanted to check.

Andre

i didnt think the hdmi spec supported 480i or 576i?

besides most dvds are 576p or 480p (after proper pulldown stuff), why interlace and deinterlace again?

or do you mean output 576i only when it is an interlaced dvd, and 576p when it is progressive?

As far I'm aware it's the players which make the signal progressive. The LX6090 scaler is superior to most DVD players I've come across, or at least equal to. I have it in my mind that the scaler inside the C-200 won't be as good, but that's what I want to find out...

The C200 comes with an RF remote.

But you can buy the IRK Kit (for about $12) that gives you IR reception, I have one and my harmony works fine with it.

I will ask again in the morning but that is what I have been told for the last 3 weeks :) but dont hold me to it.

I was told to expect some early October, but you never know.

Bugger, and there's me just ordered a HDX :(

How likely do you think this is? The C-200 isn't much more expensive than the A110/equivalents so maybe I should wait.....

Scan are showing this as due on 30th October now.....

OK as this thread has breached a 1000 posts, you can continue your discussion on the c200 in the owners thread, I have created.

Thank You

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom