Question Pop up kitchen worktop socket


Active Member
I'm after a brushed stainless kitchen worktop socket. It must be single socket. Have been looking for ages and all I can find is 3 and 4 gang pop ups which are more office like.

Always found these to be a bit of a gimmick but I want a socket next to my hob so I can run my George foreman, fryer and slow cooker/steamer under my extraction fan.

A pop up socket would be ideal


Active Member
We’ve a 3 one on the island at my mums house. If I’m being honest it can’t be useful but not worth the effort. It takes up cupboard room annoying as it’s a raised surface if your prep’ing near that end of the island etc

If you want it near a hob it maybe on a wall so a standard socket might be better. But depends how easy or hard it is to wire up. You’ve gotta remember these pop ups need the same setup as a normal mains if I remember correctly so you’d need it wiring within the cupboard underneath

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom