Pop Idol

Setenza

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well, like it or loathe it, I've got a fiver on Michelle. Go you "outsize porridge monkey!"

Oh and I've got a fiver on the other bloke............

:D

Anyone going to watch the world Pop Idol on Crimbo day?

I've got a fiver on Will :rolleyes:

Well I work and live in germany and have seen and heard the guy that won it here. I would love to hear what simon would say to him, mind you you should have heard the others (embarrassing) but still better than the current series here ,its like karaoke at its worst.
Think Will´s only competition will come fromm the American and South African winners

i wish that guy who performed in the gold suit had won it..i'd buy his record!!:D

I didn't have a fiver on him :rotfl:

Congratulations to MICHELLE.......2003 pop idol
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes, well done Michelle.

Lets hope she doesn't do a Wallaesque skydive...

On second thoughts, the contrived rubbish released by all the idol/academy "talents", lets hope she does do that skydive.

Without a parachute.

I cant beleive peeps on avforums watch this stuff!

Lets just hope the woman doesn't have to belt out a really big note...

I fear that she's so big if she were to completely exhale, her weight would prevent her from ever breathing again.

Imagine that.

Dimmy ;)

The best part of watching pop idol, is watching the nuts. Once it gets down to the main one's, it's crap.

I think her winning it might put the nail in it's coffin now, because i can't see her selling records in the long run.

Flogging's too good for 'em! :nono:

Originally posted by MrFurious
i wish that guy who performed in the gold suit had won it..i'd buy his record!!:D

Never seen the show before, but caught this guy on Saturday - Has to be the best thing on tv this year.

Originally posted by Dimmy

I fear that she's so big if she were to completely exhale, her weight would prevent her from ever breathing again.

Imagine that.

Dimmy ;)

Hey look, fat person, let's all point. What a creative sense of humour you must have.

Originally posted by keanyboy
The best part of watching pop idol, is watching the nuts. Once it gets down to the main one's, it's crap.

I think her winning it might put the nail in it's coffin now, because i can't see her selling records in the long run.

Hopefully.

Despite the WEIGHT to her voice I don't think she's going to sell MASSes of records. She'll be eaten alive by the huge appeal of lesser UGLY in the pop world like Spears, Aguilera & Beyoncé.

Her career's hardly likely to soar, despite her voice (which, in my opinion, is intrinsically awful), she has NO real musical TALENT, and will be surrounded by the very THINg that made Hear'Say and Gareth Gates instantly lose credibility - exploitation.

But with a girl like her, there's Plenty to exploit.

I'll take great pleasure in watching HER career SINK INTO THE ABYSS.

Dimmy

[edit]

Originally posted by figrin_dan
Hey look, fat person, let's all point. What a creative sense of humour you must have.

The creativity of my humour swells and shrinks in tandem with the sophistication of taste of the british public ;).

You really have a huge problem with this woman. Have you been dumped by a fat girl?

Obviously this is a terrible idea for a show but I say fair play to anyone who wants to get on tv. If someone would stick one on the man who killed pop music then I'd happily watch. But expecting something other than a bit of a laugh or hoping to see the next Britney is a bit futile.

Originally posted by figrin_dan
You really have a huge problem with this woman. Have you been dumped by a fat girl?

Not really.

Pop irritates me anyway, but when it looks good you can still get seduced by it.

When it looks bad and sounds bad - it is bad.

She's the protagonist for this, and thus gains no kudos in my 'Respecta' book.

Dimmy

Originally posted by Dimmy

Imagine that.

Dimmy ;)

i think that statement says more about you than her.
cheap and unfunny.

How the hell did those 2 get into the final anyway???
What has happened to the british public, did they just vote out of sympathy, because there is know way they were better than a few of the others who were voted out. But then again I think all the mums were voting for Mark because they were thinking, isn't Mark a nice lad, what a great personality, yeah but certainly not a ******* pop idol who doesn't even come close to Will not by a million miles.
Yes OK Michelle can sing and I really do strongly think that if it wasn't for her size she wouldn't be in. God bless England (The charity country!!!):mad:

Originally posted by adox
i think that statement says more about you than her.
cheap and unfunny.

Has the lady stolen your heart?

Dimmy :)

[edit]

Originally posted by MarkR
Yes OK Michelle can sing and I really do strongly think that if it wasn't for her size she wouldn't be in. God bless England (The charity country!!!):mad:

Shockingly, she made an intereting point. If she couldn't sing at all then she wouldn't have even gotten past the first round. But she isn't a great singer, I do sincerely believe her weight carried her further than her voice in the competition, which is both unfortunate for her and the public and the show creators.

This years Fame Academy had some talent, this year's pop idol was truly image based - but for all the opposing, futile and wrong reasons to what it was last year.

Her records aren't going to last, try and forecast what style she'll possibly be able to conform to that's going to leave a lasting impression?

The shows creators have probably already got an infuriatingly catchy single lined up that chubby kids worldwide are going to rush out and download, but if she's still popular in a year or two, I'll Eat My Hat.

It was a nightmare turn out for the show. They want to turn out young/gates types. This will now prove that the show itself is better then the acts they produce.

To quote a friend, "Pop Idol is voted on by people that stay in on a Saturday night"

nuff said :)

That implies that those who are in on Saturday night are somehow, a.) missing out on something, b.) disadvantaged in some way, c.) lesser people than yourself. :rolleyes:

I don't really feel the need to further comment on such a comment.

With regard to Pop Idol, it entertains and does no harm that I can see. The groups/singers that win do not always have a successful career. Take Girls Aloud for example.

With regard to Michelle's weight, I consider it irrelevent. But for those who are sizest. 46% of ladies 16-25 are over a size 18. So alot of the voting public are of a similar size. Statistically speaking I'm sure a lot of the regulars on this board are neither slimmers of the year or oil paintings, so lets cut out the crass, cussing the lardy **** co's it really isn't big or clever. Would you slag a person off for race or religion? I think not.

Well said Xusia! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dimmy - an apt moniker!

I remember the irony of the fat girl (with a better voice than most of her fellow contenders) who made it into the heats on an earlier Pop Stars / Idol being told by Simon Cowell that she wouldn't have a hope of making it in the business because of her size.

The irony being that the song she was singing at the time was "Monday Monday" by The Mamas and the Papas. Cass Elliot, Mr. Cowell??? :suicide:

the only reason to watch these shows are for the first round, when we get to see the terrible people who can't sing a note to save their lives!

Originally posted by Xusia Of Delos
With regard to Michelle's weight, I consider it irrelevent. But for those who are sizest. 46% of ladies 16-25 are over a size 18. So alot of the voting public are of a similar size.

Well, now i know where all the slim women have gone.....this 46% have eaten them all!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom