1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POP goes my panny

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Zig, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Zig

Zig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My AE100 bought in April this year (Jan 2003 model) has just given a little pop and died. I presume it is the PSU problem and would appriciate advise on returns, do I deal with Pioneer direct (anyone got the number handy?) etc. and how quick they turnround at the moment.
    Is it worth trying for a refund and getting a 300 instead, although I don't really want to spend much as I have a new baby due this week :smoke:

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't m8 - try Panasonic, they'd probably be more helpful :rotfl:

Others will no doubt have the number.

Congrats & best of luck with the new baby :)

3. Zig

Zig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oops :eek:

I am having a stressfull day, my Netgear DG814 router expired this afternoon whilst following the instructions that the technical helpline was giving me :rolleyes: , I thought a film tonight would help to console the lask of internet but my PANASONIC projector thought otherwise.
    I have then had the joyfull experience of having to install this USB driven frog of a modem in order to get back on the internet to find some phone numbers :rolleyes:
    I have found the general Panasonic helpline number so I presume this will suffice unless someone has a hotline to the AE100 returns departmant.
    I think I will have to forget the upgrade ideas and see if I can blag extended warranty given the low hours on my clock.
    thx for the best wishes, just glad it ain't me that has to sqeeze the baby out :smashin:

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    As Kramer said, I would deffo try Panasonic first but judging by some of the experiences of others on this forum maybe you will have better joy with Pioneer :D You never know.

5. Zig

Zig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rotfl: it's the stress I tell you.
    I was sure I hadn't made the same mistake again, perhaps there is a bug in the forum software? ;)

6. Zig

Zig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After being passed around and ringing 4 different numbers I was given this number which I believe is straight to the projector repair departmant as the helpful man arranged collection and said I should have it back on friday morning as he has the parts in stock.
    The number is: 08709 070909

I guess at some point someone else will need it :rolleyes:

I also enclosed a note asking for free extended warranty, bet they don't oblige :rolleyes:

I guess if I get it back Friday it might make the record book for fastest turnaround :clap:

7. gingercat

gingercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Unlucky Zig with your PJ - its happened twice to mine now, but thankfully I'm in a "working" period at the moment and as you must well know - they do look rather nice when they work :)

As for the extended warranty... well, you never know! I asked for a spare bulb the last time I sent mine back and OK I didn't get a spare, but they did put a nice new bulb in for me!

8. Zig

Zig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: I have just got my projector back this morning, it wasn't picked up until thursday due to the courier so I take my hat off to Panasonic repair department for their quick turnaround.
    I recieved the best gift of all on thursday afternoon when my son got a healthy 8lb brother :D :D :D :D :D :D :smoke:

9. gingercat

gingercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Congratulations Zig :clap:

Guess you'd better get that home-cinema soundproofed now :D

10. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Why? you can enjoy shrek at least 150 times if you grit your teeth.

11. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine just went POP too.

It had it's PSU repaired in April 2003.

This one was a replacement for one with a warped prism .

:mad:

9:15am Just spoken to Nick @ Panasonic (very helpful), they are collecting my AE100 this afternoon.

11:00am Courier collected my AE100 for repair

WOW!!!!