Poorly Recorded "Classic" Albums You Wish They Would Sort Out Please List!

Magnet & Steel

Ex Member
Reaction score
heres 2 to start

Guns And Roses - Appetite For Destruction (on the back cover it says that it was recorded for analog which means nothing to me)

Jamiroquai - Return Of The Space Cowboy (no excuses for this multi million selling album, theres a definate unintentional muffled thing going on there, and i have this on vinyl and cd) (and as a side note, the cameraman headbutting him was hilarious, maybe he had bought the album :laugh: )

so anyone else care to grace us with some other badly recorded classic bloopers?

:)

Think this is better in this forum than GC. ;)

Magnet & Steel Guns And Roses - Appetite For Destruction (on the back cover it says that it was recorded for analog which means nothing to me) [/QUOTE said:
Appetite sounds fine to me, just dont play it via cassette copy over 80s 'wog' box :hiya: :rotfl:

One of the other threads highlighted 'And Justice For All...' by Metallica - that is a poor-sounding album that certainly needs some work!

Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab did a gold cd version of 'Appetite For Destruction' during their short life, which sounds better than the regular cd. They obviously recognised that some work could be done to make it sound better.

Work is underway on Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here' in surround sound, I would love to have the whole back catalogue in surround sound so I could enjoy gems like 'Echoes' or anything off Animals in 5-speaker-glory!! :D

Gorshin said:
Appetite sounds fine to me, just dont play it via cassette copy over 80s 'wog' box :hiya: :rotfl:

No, I disagree. Its actually better on cassette than CD. The CD is awful and lifeless and the Cassette actualy sounds pretty good, except for the hiss (Id rather have the hiss than Dolby).

Killing Joke - Killing Joke.......bl@@dy awful on CD, the vinyl blows it away and then some.

Some of the early releases on CD are being rehashed and sound much better, but KJ is still on the original release :mad: Good job I have a nice vinyl copy :thumbsup:

I have always thought Joshua Tree was a quiet and average recording. Also Thin Lizzys second Live album (blue cover) is one of the worst sounding CD's I have. However John Sykes mental lead guitar is still top.

Rog

Magnet & Steel said:
Jamiroquai - Return Of The Space Cowboy (no excuses for this multi million selling album, theres a definate unintentional muffled thing going on there, and i have this on vinyl and cd) and as a side note, the cameraman headbutting him was hilarious, maybe he had bought the album :laugh:

1)ROTSC is not a "classic" album (half the man is great though)
2)JK deserved more than head-butt!

DT

Magnet & Steel said:
aw come on, this isnt for here. :(

It is music, nowhere else is more suited to get a worthwhile opinion. :)

dynamic turtle said:
1)ROTSC is not a "classic" album (half the man is great though)
2)JK deserved more than head-butt!

DT

1. was a classic to millions (i loved it) and yes half the man was a good un

2. yep

Floodedstatue said:
One of the other threads highlighted 'And Justice For All...' by Metallica - that is a poor-sounding album that certainly needs some work!

Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab did a gold cd version of 'Appetite For Destruction' during their short life, which sounds better than the regular cd. They obviously recognised that some work could be done to make it sound better.

Work is underway on Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here' in surround sound, I would love to have the whole back catalogue in surround sound so I could enjoy gems like 'Echoes' or anything off Animals in 5-speaker-glory!! :D

i have "digitally remastered" version of wish you were here from 97 or 98 and it sounds great.

did the gold version of appetite for destruction come out on official release?.

it cant be that hard to do if they stiill have the original analog tapes....we can only wonder.

Not that these albums were badly recorded - quite the opposite in fact - but when are we going to get a long overdue digital re-mastering of

The Beatles

I wish there was just one album by The Damned that was recorded properly. They're all so muffled!

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Bruce Springsteen's "Darkness on the edge of town"
it's crying out to be remastered.
"born to run" was done a few years back and sounds great

When was "Born To Run" remastered? :confused:

ages ago, there was a Gold CD released.

There's something in the pipe line for this year as its the BTR 30th Ann.

heard it could include a DVD of the show from the Bottom Line from '75

Yes I remember the Gold CD (thought you meant something more recent) but we could definitely do with an upgrade of that one. As you say the 30th Anniversary is the likeliest.

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

I bought a japenese CD copy of Animals around 1990 and it sounded much better than the EMI europe release. I haven't heard the 24 bit version from a few years ago though so can't comment on that. but I once heard an interview with Alan Parsons who did DSOTM and he said he could have done a much better job with WYWH and Animals.

FWIW,Mobile Fidelity are back in action,producing vinyl,SACD and CDs,to their usual high standards,and of course,prices.

Highly recommended for some of the best remasterings of some of the best recordings.

www.mofi.com

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom