1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor XBOX Output!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by astonbilla, May 15, 2002.

1. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Hi all,

i noticed something horrible the other night. I have always thought the output of my XBOX had something wierd about it (bleeding, ghosts) and even though i use RGB i put the blame on my FQ75 TV.

However, when i started the flood level (you start outside in the rain yeah?) i noticed mt crosshair had terrible distortion on it.

Out of interest i unplugged my XBOX from the back of my pace sky dig box (which i have to loop through as i only have one RGB SCART) and put it directly into my tv rgb scart. HEY PRESTO clear as you like.

I used to have my PS2 chained through SKY and i never noticed any problem. Should i change my Sky scart lead?, or has anyone got any ideas?. Im also using the advanced scart for the XBOX.

any help would be great

2. kirk grubb

kirk grubb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Maybe its just a sony tv thing, this also happens on my 32ds60.
    It also happened on my ps2 as well.
    I did purchase an rgb scart switch box so could have sky, ps2 & dvd individually switched.But had major problems, a thin dark line down the middle of the screen was evident when watching sky, it wasnt as bad with ps2 or dvd but still there.
    Am using quality cables so the fault wasnt there.
    I wondered if the line would be there if i bought the quattro switchbox (better screening i think) but have not really got the room for it.
    Any way my switchbox is upstairs somewhere gathering dust.

Hope you have better luck than me:p

3. andyboy

andyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Quattro + and found it to be a total piece of crap !

For starters there was no sound routed to my amp from the stereo line outs unless I fed the TV scart lead into the VCR input !

I had three replacements and all were the same, even the 'crappy' Argos box routes the sound to my amp from my telly !

and by the way - the weird thing is my switch box has an RGB on/off switch. When switched off the picture shifts to the right slightly an when switched on it shifts left which seem to be evidence of RGB capability but here's the thing....... it does this on all four inputs ! anyone explain this to me ?

My advice.............DO NOT WASTE YOUR CASH ON A QUATTRO

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought a Quattro+ and I wouldn't be without it. I have three RGB devices connected and get no degradation in signal plus auto-switching. Perfect.

5. nsouthga

nsouthga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the quattro would output stereo from the phono outs regardless of the which input the sound is coming in from?

Was this a one off problem with your box or is this by design?

I need this feature to work if I buy one!

6. andyboy

andyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know what was going on but the guy at the shop I bought it from said he didn't know either so possibly it was a bad batch but I'd save your money mate !

Another thing I forgot to mention............... whenever the input was switched to SAT it would not switch to another input unless I pressed VCr first ! don't know why and could'nt get an explanation either.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure your digibox has rgb passthrough? Your digibox may not be outputting an rgb signal for your xbox?

8. nsouthga

nsouthga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the PACE Sky Digibox (the grey one) have RGB pass-through?

9. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in defence of the Quattro's , I have two of them and find them to be essential pieces of kit.

10. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I brought an rgb box i can connect 3 scart leads into the box and just press the button which one i want to use cost me £30 unless u want the remote control box costs £80 and u get more scart sockets go to www.Lektropacks.co.uk get it next day

11. Danatthepub

Danatthepub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

I have a similar problem, i have a scart switch box and i have been using my DC & PS2 on the switch box for ages. but i have just brought the joytech digital av cable set with the optical out put on it. I plug it in the scart switch box and i comes out green, i have tried it in all of the ports and its still the same. then i plug it directly into the TV and work first time. Any idea's?

12. kirk grubb

kirk grubb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If i remember correctly i came across this problem too.
    I got rid of the horrible green stuff by turning all other av stuff (ps2,dc,skydigibox etc) to standby.

Hope this helps

13. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    its now linked through a Quattro +

Same problem, looks the the 32fq waves only much faster

Maybe its my scart lead??? (the official advanced job)