Poor Wii Wireless Signal

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by oldman100, May 4, 2007.

1. oldman100

oldman100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Any body else experience a poor wireless signal from their Wii?

I seem to get a intermittent wireless connection from my Wii almost as though it's at the limits of it's signal range. Whilst all my other wireless toys, 360, PSP, Laptop etc have no problem in the same room.

I couldn't find anything on this forum but I did Google the subject and found it to be quite a common problem, any body here have any experience with the same.

2. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Yeah, it's a PITA. My Wii is sat in the middle of rack of AV equipment and has intermittent and slow wifi connection.

My rack has a ethernet switch (I prefered wired to wireless anyway) and I got bored waiting for the Official Nintendo Wii LAN Adaptor (which is out in Japan and USA) so I ordered the Datel one instead. :smashin:

StooMonster

3. jezzah

jezzah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I used to suffer from a poor wifi signal in my living room from my original DLink and replacement basic Buffalo Router.

So on someone else's recommendation I upgraded my router to the newer Buffalo high powered, high speed wireless router WHR-HP-G54 for about £30 (see www.ebuyer.com and use quickfind 97222)

Unlike most wireless routers this one includes signal amplification giving a 3 to 5x boost in power/range.

This works perfectly with my Wii (sitting at floor level under the TV in the living room) and also with my DS Lite as it was specifically designed for use with the Ninty Wifi connection. (BTW if you don't realise Buffalo makes the Nintendo USB wifi dongles).

If you read the reviews on ebuyer you'll see there's someone using a pair of these over a 1/4 mile distance (admittedly using larger aerials) to connect two offices with amazing results.

Highly recommended.

P.S. I don't work for Buffalo or ebuyer and have now installed 5 of these myself. They are superb.