1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

poor video quality indoors

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by macca2500, Jan 7, 2005.

1. macca2500

macca2500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have just purchased a jvc-gr-d33ek digital video camera and the quality when watched back on tv is worse than my old analogue camera. i have noticed this is only when i film indoors, when i film outdoors the qaulity is great. ihave tried using different settings but with no joy. i am new to this digital stuff and was just wondering if anyone else has this camera and is experiencing the same problems.thank you. :mad:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Hi macca2500 and welcome to the forum :hiya:

This problem is not specific to your camcorder, but to most of the consumer digital camcorder :mad: . The CCD (this bit that picks up the light through the lens) is not as good in low light as most of the old analogue cams. Your only real option is to get a video light, or get a cam with a bigger CCD.

Sorry its not better news, but at least you know that you're not alone in this.

Mark.

3. macca2500

macca2500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mark my camera does have a built in light but it doesnt seem to help i think i will just return it to the shop thanks anyway.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Well if you are going to replace it with another cam then do a search on here for 'low light' as this has been asked on a fair few occassions and some good(ish) in low light cams have been recommended in the past.

Mark.