Poor Video quality from PC??

bilko5

Novice Member
I have updated VLC this morning and it hasn't changed, I have just taken some pictures but there is very little difference between the two I only seem to notice it when I'm watching it.. just seems a little faded and dull. I think maybe I might have adjusted some of the settings from my tv ages ago at it was a little bright, I will reset my TV to default and see if it makes any difference.

Fingers crossed 🤞

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
If it is faded and dull then it will be a colour depth issue try the settings on HDMI black level on P57 or HDMI UHD Colour. It might be these options as cannot find anything else in the manual mentioning it, normally referred to as Full or Limited RGB range.

A bit more info here

bilko5

Novice Member
If it is faded and dull then it will be a colour depth issue try the settings on HDMI black level on P57 or HDMI UHD Colour. It might be these options as cannot find anything else in the manual mentioning it, normally referred to as Full or Limited RGB range.

A bit more info here

A bit more info here

I've got to pop out now to pick my daughter up, I will check these issues when I come back thanks very much for all your help and advice mate 👍

bilko5

Novice Member
Apologies for my late response, ok that seems to have improved things slightly. I still believe that playing it from USB stick has a slight edge over texture quality then playing it from the PC. I have just started playing lotr Fellowship of the Ring and it just looks a bit more detailed when played from the USB stick. I can improve on the picture by using a filter with power DVD player but I would have expected it to be as good as standard? I'm not too sure what else I can do... I'm happy with it though, Thanks a lot for your help anyway guys I appreciate all your advice.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom