Poor TV Signal Quality with Panasonic DMRE85

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chiastic, Sep 23, 2004.

1. chiastic

chiastic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After taking advice on this forum, I plumped for the Panasonic DMRE85 Recorder, but when I have connected it up to my TV (TV to DVD via scart and RF Connector, and then DVD to Aerial point via RF Connector) the picture is considerably worse than using my old Panasonic VCR.
    I don't use the Aerial for any other tv/device so I'm not splitting the signal, so I assume I don't need siganl booster - Any ideas?

2. apreading

apreading

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Do you have decent quality aerial leads?

When we got our freeview box we kept losing the signal and thought we needed an aerial upgrade - till the engineer turned up and said it was the c****y aerial lead that came free with the box. made us up a new cable and signal was perfect - very strong.

I was surprised it made THAT much difference - may be worth looking at. I can recommend PRofigold cables btw.

3. chiastic

chiastic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - I was just about to say that I used the cables that I was already using when I was using the VCR, but I just remembered that I used the cable that came with the DVD (assuming that Panasonic would supply a good cable). I will revert back to the original cables and see it its better.

Thanks

4. apreading

apreading

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    No guarantees, but worth a try. Well worth considering a qulaity cable long term, even if that does fix you up for now.

5. chiastic

chiastic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you think a signal booster would help, or arre these just for when you split the signal to multiple TV's?

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    a signal booster is likely to cause more issues get a length of CT100 or CT125 from B&Q or simialr and some decent plugs. make up a lead and see if it helps. could consider QED TTV cable that the mags rave about!