Poor sound with iPhone 5S - advice needed.

GChesters

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello there.

I've tried searching the forums as best I can and can't find the answers i'm looking for. Can anybody help please?

I have an I-Phone 5s and have been listening to I-Tunes for over twelve months. A few weeks ago i decided to upgrade my stock headphone and so did the usual review site searching and bought a pair of BOSE Quiet Comfort 25's. When i plugged them in the noise cancellation was awesome but I wasn't getting anywhere near the sound quality they boasted.
I sold the BOSE and picked up a pair of AKG Y50's. I plugged them into the I-Phone and again nothing startling.

Am i getting this average sound because the source is the I-Phone itself? Should I be looking at a portable device to use with what I class as half decent headphones to get at least some of the sound quality the reviews boast? Ideally i'd be looking at a portable device that uses I-Tunes. If this isn't possible can anybody point me in the right direction. I don't have a fortune to spare but equally don't want to keep paying for these review hyped headphones if my source isn't right!

Many thanks in advance,

Grant.

Need more information, ideally what quality file sources (format and bitrate) or what streaming platform and subscription tier

Pointing at the iPhone and not asking any questions about the music files or headphones suggests there is an unnamed comparison player device?

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am a complete novice, my technical knowledge is poor in these matters. I was tired of reading through consumer reviews and buying headphones based on them and being let down by the quality. Hence my post on this forum.

I was hoping for some direction as to whether i should stick with the iphone or maybe purchase an ipod 7th generation. Would the sound quality be any better. Then following on from that some suggestions regarding cans. Thank you.

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am a complete novice, my technical knowledge is poor in these matters. I was tired of reading through consumer reviews and buying headphones based on them and being let down by the quality. Hence my post on this forum.
Okay we know you do not like the iPhone but the question was what type of music files or streaming service are you using?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom