1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Sky picture in the bedroom.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Da_Rude_Baboon, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I have the out put from RF2 on my skybox distributed via a global loftbox to the rest of my house. The Sky picture in the other rooms is quite poor, it looks like terrestrial tv with a bad arial. All the other channels are fine so it doesn't look like a problem with the loft box or the wiring.

Is the out put from RF2 generally just bad quality or would the problem be elsewhere?

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You probably need to alter the uhf number that Sky is broadcasting on. A similar thing happened to me and once I moved the number I had a perfect picture around the house.

You need to access the engineer's menu, I think it is something like go to services enter 4 0 1, entering after each number. Run a search on this forum if you want to check. Once in the menu look for RF output and change this number.

3. simon100

simon100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    What's the RF output like no the TV next to the sky box? If it is OK then maybe it is the dristriution amp, if not then it is probably the RF output. I have my sky playing on all TV's in the house (5) and all have a good picture on each.
    One thing to be aware of when retuning sky to a different frequency is that not all TV's accept a frequency higher than 68, whicih is the sky default. I have just found that out to my cost when trying to purchase a new Panasonic TV, which just would not tune to the sky frequency that I have, which is 69, changed some years ago due to interference on channel 68.

4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Thanks for the replys.

I dont think its the loft box as all the other channels are fine. I'll try changing the frequency and see if that helps but its an old Tv so fingers crossed!

5. bailda

bailda
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is there a particular no. to change it to or is it trial and error ?

6. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It goes like this:
    Press services,then press 4,0,1,select ( nothing happens when you press 0 so don't worry), you should then see the Installer menu, if not start again. Press 4,go to RF output and change the number ( if you get your terrestrial from St Albans transmitter change it to 40 ).Go to save new settings and press select. Then retune one of the TVs and check the picture. If you still have a bad picture try changing the RF output to something else. What you really need to know are the channel frequencies that your local transmitter uses and tune the sky box at least 3 away from these. Finally if you have a vcr remember that there is also a tuner in there as well and you also need to stay away from that. Most vcr's are tuned somewhere between 21 and 36, but not all of them stick to this.