Poor service from Play.com

T

TimF

Anyone noticed a huge drop in speed of service from Play.

I know its nearly Christmas, and inevitably they get busier but you would think they could implement a system to deal with regular customers as a priority.

It seems a bit poor to wait over a week for an order to go from "order" to "packing" and then a further week or more for delivery.

You might expect they would want to keep regular customers ()that are buying 50 or more dvd's a year) happy by fulfilling orders for them quickly.

I have now ordered a batch of 6 disks from CD wow who don't seem to suffer the same slowdown that Play do at this time of year.

It does seem to take a little longer these days. Not that I give a damn about delivery time (within reason - anything less than a couple of weeks is ok by me, as long as I know it's on the way and I get what I've ordered).

Movietyme are the only one of almost a dozen suppliers that I've used over the last 5 years to let me down.

I've had kind of the opposite. My last play order was quicker tha usual, and it took a whole 5 days for my CD-Wow order to turn up. normally it's 3! Mind you, I can cope with both of those delivery times no problem :)

I've found them to be inconsistent at the present! They used to take around 4-5 days to arrive, then they got quicker between 2-4 days. I live in NW London.

Now it makes no sense, some items arrive quicker than others. I've even had 2 items sent out 3 days apart from each other, the later one arrives before the early....

Does anyone know why???

I'm not really too bothered on delivery time as I got fed up with being let down by net companies and hassling customer support for refunds etc, it's not worth the agro. So now unless i pay a specific price for next day delivery I just sit in the porch waiting for the postie. It arrives eventually. Play have never let me down so far, so i'll keep giving em my money until they do :D

Rant over!

I still think there service is good ordered a dvd on monday, was posted on thursday got here on saterday.:D

All post slows down at the moment because of Christmas. So blaming Play and other retailers because your delivery takes longer to arrive than normal (once it's been posted) is nonsense.

I also agree with Confucius - who cares how long it takes within reason? So you wait an extra day or two. So long as it turns up within a reasonable amount of time, no biggy. If they offered next day delivery and you paid extra for that and it didn't turn up, that'd be another matter entirely. Get over it ;)

December already??? It's seem like it was only yesterday that it was July and the sun was shining and the birds were singing....la la la (well all except for the sun!) I'd completely forgotten about the christmas rush. Being jewish i've not got into the whole xmas atmosphere. Although i won't turn down a celebratory drink or 2 or 3 or 4..

You don't hear of royal mail suffering because of massive influx of Passover or Chanukah cards heh heh heh.

No jokes about us being to tight to send cards either......;)

I've been waiting for a disc from Play for over a week now (longest wait ever from them) and discs ordered since have already arrived. how long should I give them before asking for another to be sent out?

Pretty sure they insist on 14 days from the date the package was sent.

I'm awaiting my third copy of AI as the previous two mysteriously disappeared. All credit to play though as they haven't argued at all when i asked them to be resent.

This is excellent service, I hope it continues and that nobody abuses it.

I recently ordered 4 DVD's from Play, all were posted on the 27th according to the Play site, but all 4 arrived on different days. Some came from the Channel Islands and one came from Belgium!

They all took less than 5 days to arrive though.

Play are great. I ordered 8 James Bond films and none of them turned up so they sent them again and they arrived in a couple of days.

I think they just may be slipping ... about a month ago my "Pay it Forward" failed to arrive, & when I emailed them for a replacement they replied the next day, & I received a new copy a couple of days later.

My "Spider-Man" has also failed to arrive ... I emailed them & they took 2 whole days to reply - the replacement again is on the way, postie willing it'll be here Saturday/Monday.

This makes 2 orders out of the last 7 or 8 that have not reached me. Previously I've had none go missing.

I suspect the Royal Mail rather than Play are at fault ... Christmas is coming & the Play packaging is distinctive.

A friend in work tells me her brother worked for the Royal Mail counter fraud squad. They once did a sting type op where they put a nice juicy registered mail package on the conveyor belt at the sorting office & set up a hidden camera to watch the suspect.
However, they waited in vain for the package to reach the suspect ... someone further up the conveyor belt nicked it first!

I have been waiting for about a boy and minority report, they were posted last friday, and have not got them yet. Not a huge wait, but they are normally a lot quicker than this. CDwow are always reliable from my experience. Play have definatley got slower.

My copies of About a boy and Minority Report
arrived yesterday from play so I can't complain.
I think their service is pretty good and, once they've
posted, the problems are then with our postal service
which is not the best in the world now is it?
So give them a break!

Never had any problems with Play, everythings arrived in around three days. Their policy on recorded delivery seems to keep changing. When I first started using them, everything was sent recorded, then it changed to a tenner and over, then only stuff over 18 quid. Recently placed an single order for 24.99 and that's been sent normal post.

Originally posted by bowenjones
My copies of About a boy and Minority Report
arrived yesterday from play so I can't complain.
I think their service is pretty good and, once they've
posted, the problems are then with our postal service
which is not the best in the world now is it?
So give them a break!

It probably is the post offices fault, but ive still not got my about a boy and minority report. So thats a week, since it was posted. It has more than likely "gone missing in the post" but ive had several orders not turn up from play recently. And never had in the two years of using them before, and orders take a lot longer to be despatched than before. So in my opinion standards have slipped.

They seem to be getting better for me,certainly as far as region2 is concerned.
I can usually order on a Saturday or Sunday and get the disc by Thursday at the absolute latest.

HI there, I ordered a WD 1tb drive from them on the 11th of Feb, its now the 20th, they say its been posted on the web, when in fact its in their warehouse, and they told me it was going to be dispatched by monday (2 days ago). I rang back and they said DELIVERED by thursday, and still nothing (weds evening). Why do you think they are mucking me around? its really not that hard for them to post an item!!!
All my friends have had better service from them, and I did until now.:thumbsdow:confused:

Many thanks
HBR

Warning note - Item 30 - Play.com Terms & Conditions.

All electrical products are covered by a twelve month manufacturer's warranty. If your product develops a fault while under warranty, please contact Play.com and we will advise you where to send it for repair. It is a "return to base" warranty therefore there will be a delivery charge to return the product back to the relevant UK service centre.

Many other retailers have a policy to offer repair / replacement of items under the 12 month guarantee (including return postage) and therefore offer a better service.

I'm sick of them. I ordered Wanted and Baraka on bluray on Wednesday morning. Immediately they went to 'packing' status. Well, it is Thursday - 5.10pm (30+ hours later, and they are still at 'packing'.
Worse still there is no way to cancel when they sit in limbo like this. I wont be using them again because that is ridiculous.
Not good enough in this day and age I am afraid. xmas or no xmas, they pull this fast one where people cant cancel far too frequently now.

Never had a problem with them myself. In 9 years or so, the only mistake they ever made was not charging me for 2 R1 dvds. Not that i was complaining!

Delivery time is always 2-3 days for me for in stock items.

I ordered Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle for a PS2 on 17th of November, two weeks later they sent me the Wii version, so I rang up (after waiting ages on the phone), they booked Parcel Force to pick it up (which they did). At the same time I asked to be sent another, at the beginning of this week I hadn't heard a thing from them, so called the helpline and after waiting ages again i finally got through to an operator, who confirmed they had received the Wii version back and reassured me that the PS2 version would arrive later this week. All along I have been checking the status in the my account area of Play.com and it said item delivered. Out of the blue I received an email to say I have received a refund for the item. Tried to call but was cut off, so tried to call again but got no answer after 20 minutes.

I will not be using them again.

I hate the fact that they eliminated all options to contact them by mail or website forms.

Most of the time I get the stuff I order pretty fast, but one dvd was on order since july (!), I received it suddenly in november but the site says I was billed in december.

Anyhoo: now that the pound and euro are basically paired, I found that they still use a conversion rate that is unfair to non-UK costumers.

For example, the Blu-ray version of Band of Brothers is 33.99 pounds but in euros the same box costs 47.49 euros. Conversion rate at the time of writing would set that at 35.77 euros.

I'd like to contact Play.com to ask why this is, but the 'helpdesk' sucks, the last known mail address [email protected] has been decommissioned and there's only a number I can't call.

So I'll vote with my wallet and not buy there for the time being. :nono:

Anyhoo: now that the pound and euro are basically paired, I found that they still use a conversion rate that is unfair to non-UK costumers.

+1
I think I'll be using them a lot less from now on.

Never had a problem with them. I ordered some Transformers figures just before Chrimbo, they arrived well boxed and on Xmas Eve. Can't say fairer than that. A lot of professional whingers seem to like having a go at them, but I have no reason to complain. They even replaced DVDs that were pinched during a Royal Mail strike.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom