Poor SD pictures with Panasonic TX-L39E6

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently took receipt of a Panasonic 39" E6 LED tv which replaced a four year old 32" Panasonic LCD. I have set up the screen as per instruction from the AV forum suggestions but am struggling to be impressed with the new screen compared to my old one.......even HD programmes aren't as impressive as my old screen. I am using a Humax Freesat HD running through a Marantz NR1501 amp but have tried running directly from the Humax to the TV without any improvement to picture quality and swapped HDMI cables incase anything was wrong with them. The SD pictures look quite soft and pretty dated looking.

Have I missed something in setup or is it likely something's wrong the TV?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I'm really dissapointed at the moment especially given the reviews I've read.
Thanks

It is a shock going from LCD to LED backlit as it's brighter and shows every little problem with the signal. You've also jumped from 32 to 39 and I'll bet your 32 was only 720p.

Big 1080p LED backlit TVs don't look great with SD material compared to smaller standard LCD 720p TVs as you asking an awful lot of the SD signal. HD should be better.

You will get used to it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom