1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor reception during bad weather (Sky+)

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Shrub, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Shrub

Shrub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The picture keeps freezing up - but it is very windy/rainy today. Not had Sky+ long, generally v.happy with it. Is reception easily affected by bad weather?

I suspect our huge tree in the garden (meaning the dish had to be installed on a long pole) doesn't help!

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,653
    I have seen a dish on top of a pole move quite a bit , reception there had to be bad. That could well be your problem

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Heavy rain and/or snow absorbs the signals from the satellites, a well installed dish and waterproof connections will continue to function with a big drop in signal reception in all but extreme weather.
    To combat this you can use a larger Zone 2 dish, highly recommended for the north and west of the country.

Even my zone 1 setup lost Input 2 this afternoon (first loss of the year) thanks to a down pour which could be described as of "biblical scale", never seen anything like it for years !