Poor Picture with Region 1

J

johnd

I've noticed that whenever I play region 1 dvd on my player I see shadows whenever some one moves around on screen. Can any one suggest what the problem is? region 2 are fine and normal tv is fine aswell.

Its quite a new tv, a sony 32" widescreen, dvd player is quite old matsui 110. I checked when i brought the tv that it could accept NTSC

HI,

In that case, it'll be the DVD itself, or the DVD player!

Pooch

not the tv then... an old Matsui multi-region. Matsui is Dixon's own make right? So presumably you've had an after-market mod to make it multi-region... that could be where your problem lies... am I right and if so contact the peeps that did your mod.

Its a handset hack, i never really noticed it until lately after i got my tv, and its not just the new discs, it also happens on the old ones that i tried

I think you're noticing the weaknesses of your player since you've got your new TV... might be time for an upgrade... don't worry it's not too painful a Tosh or Pioneer will set you back less than 200 notes and will go loverly with your new TV.

Could be all of the above, but you could also check the DVD Players menu and that you have selected Ntsc, and not Pal60.

I tested my ps2 on the tv, and there was still some lines but only on really close inspection. So I guess its time to get a new dvd player.

Remember a quality scart lead as well... fully-wired, Oxygen-free, gold-plated and individually shielded.

snip pin19 at the TV end of the scart lead it may be 50Hz/60Hz interaction on the composite output from the TV. Also try selecting a dead channel on the RF tuner stage of the Tv before you turn on the dvd player. there may be some crosstalk internally to the set.

The Saga continues, I decided last night to test this on my old crappy £200 tv, and the picture quality from both my dvd player and PS2 was perfect!!

Might your Sony be a 100Hz set which can play havoc with DVD pictures. If it is set I suggest turning it off, permanently. I have never seen a good 100Hz picture.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom