Poor Picture quality

T

toucan08

I am getting poor picture quality when watching and recording through my DVD player (panasonic DMR EH50) TV - LG 42PX3RV Plasma.

Can anyone help

Toucan08

How is the DVDR connected to the TV ... and what is your signal quality like ?

For example, if you plug the aerial direct into the TV is your reception OK.

Is playback of Pre-recorded DVD's ok?

A bit more information would help us to help you.

1 - Has it always been like this or have you just set it up and this is the problem you have ?

2 What sort of poor PQ are you suffering?

3 - Is the problem present on all channels

4 - If you have just set it up [ I am assuming the EH50 has an analogue tuner ] ensure that you are tuned to the correct transmitter. You may be tuned to a fringe transmitter.

5 - You did not report if pre-recorded DVD's playback OK ... which if OK would eliminate connection issues between the EH50 and TV.

DVD Playback is exellent.

Playback with Sky through the DVD is slightly grainy, and analogue is worse still.

Cheers

Are you using a splitter to connect the aerial to the DVD recorder and TV or just passing through the signal ? If using a splitter it's normall.

Another VERY important thing to consider is the quality of the aerial cables. I used to have cable tv connected through a thin poor quality aerial cable. Custom building one with quality components made a noticeable difference. Cable companies want to cut on costs so they normally install crappy cables, this is widely known.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom