poor picture quality through hdmi

Mikieg

Standard Member
Hi,

I have seem to get a very poor picture quality when connecting my ps3 via hdmi to my Hyundai a321 lcd. I believe the problem is call a Moire effects which like tyre marks through colours. I was wondering if anybody had any advice or thought it was more likely to be the lcd rather than the ps3. I know it not the cable as I have already changed it.

Thanks in advance.

Naqv

Can you receive audio?, as I think the Hyundai only has DVI and not HDMI?

Mikieg

Standard Member
Yes the audio is fine, I don't really use it anyway as I have 5.1. It is the hdmi model I think the dvi is the q321.
I'm not sure about the resolution I can't find the info button on the remote it say it should be 1366 x 768 on the specs(not sure that it is). The picture is fine through component.

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
What resolution is the PS3 outputting? If you change the resolution on the PS3 does that help?

Mikieg

Standard Member
if you mean between 720p and 1080i then yes I have tried it, but they both have Moire going through them.

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
The only thing I can suggest is unplug it and take it to a friend who has an HD screen, and see if it works OK. If so, it probably your TV thats the problem.

matt0072

Standard Member
just a quick queation about hdmi leads im getting my ps3 next week just wondering will my existing hdmi lead which i use for my denon upscaling dvd player work on the ps3? thanks in advance

fuzzybee

Banned
just a quick queation about hdmi leads im getting my ps3 next week just wondering will my existing hdmi lead which i use for my denon upscaling dvd player work on the ps3? thanks in advance

yes

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom