1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

poor picture quality on sky with 36zp18

Discussion in 'TVs' started by philinman, May 9, 2003.

1. philinman

philinman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi i have a picture frame tosh and when i whatch sky i get colour run and blockyness on certain colours i seem to get this on all channels but worse on bbc1 itv ect ,i have not noticed this on dvd but will check futher .
    i never had this with my philips 32 ,i am using a sony digi box latest firmware and signal and quality strength are good any ideas :confused: :confused:

2. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Are you using scart leads if so are they of decent quality? I had somePhilips gold £20 leads that I inititially used on my sky/tv/dvd and had similar problems ............I pushed the boat out and bought monster video scarts @ 40 quid a throw...... best £80 i ever spent it really can make a big difference if you have poor connections

3. Knickerzohnonov

Knickerzohnonov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Use the component video for the DVD (the best option), failing that S-Video is the next best, and plug the scart into EXT1 for sky, then set the sky box to send RGB (or auto on some models), if it has this facility in the setup menu, I believe most of them do. My mate's 36ZP looked awful when he was using the normal AV setting on EXT2/3. He did the above and is now very happy.

And of course, spend money on decent leads, Monster is very good. I got an IXOS scart lead with my dvd and it's really good, the colours are superb. The standard leads supplied are the electrical equivalent of string!

4. philinman

philinman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi yes i am using monster scart cabels and using the rgb output from thi digi box :confused:

5. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you got "Scart control" set to "ON" on your digibox. For some reason it makes a hell of a differance on my Tosh.

Bazza

6. philinman

philinman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes mate its on using my dvd player seems ok i will have to try the sky in to the telly and not through the dvd player maybe !!!