Poor Picture quality of LG OLED77C1 when streaming on YoutubeTv or Fubo

Jonesy70

Novice Member
Reaction score
Picture quality watching American football is pixelated on YouTubeTV as well as some other tv programs. What could be a solution? Is it the programming or does anything that is not 4k just not look good?

Will.be the resolution. Anything under 1080p looks poor.

Bigger the TV the more flaws from poor sources (HD/1080p) gets highlighted imo, you will know if you run a youtube 4K source and it says 4K above the control panel icon on bottom right of youtube window or app, and it looks spectacular and clear.

Only things you can do is give your OLED a good 2-3 weeks or 250hrs use to improve PQ wise, try getting better sat or cable boxes (ones with better upscalers and chipsets/cpus) and set it to 4K.
Try better hdmi cables worth a long shot also.

Get as much apps, bluray players or 4K versions of your sources, subscribe to 4K movie and sports channels or netflix 4K etc etc

Bigger the TV the more flaws from poor sources (HD/1080p) gets highlighted imo, you will know if you run a youtube 4K source and it says 4K above the control panel icon on bottom right of youtube window or app, and it looks spectacular and clear.

Only things you can do is give your OLED a good 2-3 weeks or 250hrs use to improve PQ wise, try getting better sat or cable boxes (ones with better upscalers and chipsets/cpus) and set it to 4K.
Try better hdmi cables worth a long shot also.

Get as much apps, bluray players or 4K versions of your sources, subscribe to 4K movie and sports channels or netflix 4K etc etc
Thank you for the feedback, I use Google Fiber so the speed coming into the house is extremely fast. I also have started paying for 4k upgrade on Youtubetv and Netflex. Question though, if the program is in 4k (icon on program) then shouldn't I get 4k without paying extra? So, if that is the case when I pay extra to these services are they doing some up scaling of some sort to provide 4K like results on programs that aren't produced in 4K?

You won't get offered 4k without the right subscription.

Thank you for the feedback, I use Google Fiber so the speed coming into the house is extremely fast. I also have started paying for 4k upgrade on Youtubetv and Netflex. Question though, if the program is in 4k (icon on program) then shouldn't I get 4k without paying extra? So, if that is the case when I pay extra to these services are they doing some up scaling of some sort to provide 4K like results on programs that aren't produced in 4K?

Yeah not all content will be truly 4K material, we still have lots of tv series and films out there which are 4K mastered but this includes upscaling tech.

Streaming platforms out there such as Apple and netflix 4K are adding more and more 4K content and things are improving, but still we have lots of 1080p content out there.

Its bluray 4K UHD films that will truly shine off an 4K tv set at the end of the day, if you were to play a film such as Pacific Rim or Transformers in 4K uhd, it should clearly shine off any OLED tv frankly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom