• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

poor picture quality after entering service menu

B

blacksil80

hey guys, i registered here today on a mission to get my picture quality back after stupidly entering the service menu to adjust the sound lag issue.

when i was in the menu i pushed right when highlighted on edid to see what settings are there. nothing happened so i don't know if it has selected something and this has caused my picture to get poorer when watching normal tv through an hdmi from my sky hd box. all the dark bit are really grainy and pixelated and notice also that moving images are realy grainy round the edges.

it does to it on sky hd channels but not as bad.

i know it resets your settings when you enter the service menu and have made sure my previous settings are back as i had them but it still crap.

hope someone can help me as i've only just had it 1 month and it cost me £1700:rolleyes:

thanks mark

t1m103

Established Member
might be of use if you put make/model of tv....

B

blacksil80

also it used to let me check for software update and would tell me its up to date but now it just gets stuck searching for network servers.

B

blacksil80

if nobody knows does anyone know who i should contact that everybody trusts

mray

Prominent Member
Hi.

If you do a search for "Samsung Service Menu Research" in the LCD thread, you will find instructions on how to fix this, I think.

You need to display a black and white checkerboard pattern to re-calibrate your HDMI inputs. You have to repeat the process in the service menu that messed up your display, while displaying this checkerboard image.

I can't remember much about it, which is why I suggest doing a search and reading up on it to get the correct method of implementing it. It does fix the problem, but as you've found out to your cost, delving into the service menu can be very risky.

Good luck! :smashin:

**Right clicking when in the service menu is the same as clicking enter, or select**.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited:
B

blacksil80

yeah i right clicked thinking there would be a menu to look at out of curiousity but it just put onto the tv screen with writing at the top

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom