Poor Philips TV Customer Service

Lex99

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the forum and would like to getting peoples feedback on Philips TV Customer Service in the UK.

Purchased a 70" Ambilight TV a while ago which has developed an issue where the TV does not go into standby. It powers down to standby but then starts itself up again without any buttons pressed and no other devices connected.

Contacted Philips and they have asked me to update all software etc which have done and has not resolved. At first the customer service response was quick. Now they are ignoring all emails (been a week) and I am not getting anywhere fast to resolve my issue. They don't even reply to say they are investigating further. In my case I believe an engineer visit is required.

Trust pilot reviews of Philips look shocking and the comments tie in with my experience where they don't contact you and ignore emails.

If the customer service is this bad why are people still buying their TVs? This website has a large forum for Philips.

Have other people experienced the same bad service?

Thanks for any replies.

How long ago is “a while ago”?
Here in the UK your consumer rights are with the retailer you bought it from, not the manufacturer.
Did the retailer advise you to contact Philips?
If they did and you still get no results (I'd give them another week) contact your local Citizens Advice centre.

Hi,

I am new to the forum and would like to getting peoples feedback on Philips TV Customer Service in the UK.

Purchased a 70" Ambilight TV a while ago which has developed an issue where the TV does not go into standby. It powers down to standby but then starts itself up again without any buttons pressed and no other devices connected.

Contacted Philips and they have asked me to update all software etc which have done and has not resolved. At first the customer service response was quick. Now they are ignoring all emails (been a week) and I am not getting anywhere fast to resolve my issue. They don't even reply to say they are investigating further. In my case I believe an engineer visit is required.

Trust pilot reviews of Philips look shocking and the comments tie in with my experience where they don't contact you and ignore emails.

If the customer service is this bad why are people still buying their TVs? This website has a large forum for Philips.

Have other people experienced the same bad service?

Thanks for any replies.
Don't rely on email alone, phone them and tell them you've mailed them otherwise they'll say they have a system fault and aren't alerted to your email, if you don't speak to them for a week they'll close the complaint (speaking from experience).
Tell them you want an engineer and dont back down, once you're past Philips customer services you're golden, the repair company (name escapes me) are really good.

Honest advice just brute force retailer to act or ask for refund if they can't provide clear action within week! Don't waste time you not been paid for.

no one sees from the bottom right where the stripe begins a dark spot, which does not at all look like a factory defect? you should send the TV for diagnostics that will determine the cause of that spot. I think you were refused from the photo because they saw many similar TVs and this is not a marriage.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom