• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Poor performance from a 3600mah on a PSP 1003?

Djini

Standard Member
Bought a 3600mah battery for my PSP fat and I'm not convinced I'm getting the performance.

Can the charger (labeled 2000ma - the original Sony one that comes with teh PSP) actually charge this battery? How long are we talking about to get to 100% and is it quicker if I switch it off as opposed to being in standby?

Sorry if this is all academic, not have the PSP long, and the battery I got with it second-hand was pretty badly beaten up (hence the replacement).

Nakatsu_Hime

Established Member
I have a PSP-2000 with original charger, and my 36000MaH battery seems to charge fine, and last as long as I expect. I'd say it needs at least a couple of hours to fully change via charger. I don't fine whether it being on or off makes much difference, but since you have an earlier version, your mileage may vary.

Bossworld

Established Member
The 3600s off eBay probably aren't rated as high as they're stated, seen it in most of the comments. Is it an official high capacity one or an ebay special?

I naffed my original battery up a while ago (so had to inject something into the memory stick to make it work with the recovery one). Finally sourced a replacement original 1800 off eBay after many months, cost about £7 last week but works well and does about 5 hours on football manager :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom