Poor hd picture quality from sky q on LG 55cx

pongcaro

Hi all,

I have an LG 55cx and also have sky q, some HD channels seem to have a poor picture but some are a great picture and are very crisp. It seems to differ with various programs and shows that are on as well. Like on sky cinema some movies look great and some look poor, some hdr movies are stunning yet some are poor. When I watch Netflix or Disney+ through the TV apps the picture quality is simply amazing. Is this an issue with sky sending out poor quality pictures randomly as I hope it's not an issue with my TV. Any help or guidance on this would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

I have an LG 55cx and also have sky q, some HD channels seem to have a poor picture but some are a great picture and are very crisp. It seems to differ with various programs and shows that are on as well. Like on sky cinema some movies look great and some look poor, some hdr movies are stunning yet some are poor. When I watch Netflix or Disney+ through the TV apps the picture quality is simply amazing. Is this an issue with sky sending out poor quality pictures randomly as I hope it's not an issue with my TV. Any help or guidance on this would be appreciated, thanks.
Yes, it's just very variable quality on Sky's part and nothing to do with your TV.
You'll see many comments about it in our Sky Digital TV forum.

bonkersrob

I've seen issues on the CX, with trumotion using Sky Q, on certain channels like BBC1 and ITV1, like a robotic movement/ micro stutter effect around people's hands and faces. Really weird. The only way to stop it, is to switch Trumotion totally off. If you want support with motion, you could switch to Game picture mode, and go into user defined motion settings which ONLY engages the OLED motion Pro (BFI) control if you want it, and not the trumotion deblur and dejudder settings - so might help with this issue. Some people like it with the trumotion and BFI completely off, but Game picture mode gives you the option to try BFI on its own.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom