1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor AE 100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sanjeev, Dec 14, 2002.

1. sanjeev

sanjeev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :( , I have returned both my AE 100 1st projector 3 months ago because of colour of uniformity & 2nd projecter's 4 weeks ago due to the same reason. Both times the Panasonic has credited The dealer who is buyyourav.com but the dealer isn't refunding the money and asking me to take another AE 100.

have they corrected the colour uniformity problem, in their new dispaches

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kramer's back :eek:

Have you voted in the AE-100 reliability poll?

AFAIK, colour uniformity is a problem with the AE-100. In my experience, ALL units suffer this problem to some extent - some more than others.

My second unit was far better than my first - acceptable but not perfect. The first unit was very bad - unacceptable.

ALL LCD PJs suffer from colour uniformity problems, but again, some are tolerable (not noticeable under normal viewing conditions), some just cr*p.

After 2 units I'd be looking for a refund & a newer model.

Best of luck with your retailer ;)

3. sanjeev

sanjeev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :( kramer i am another unsatisfied coustmer,dealer is insisting me
    to .take 3rd piece

4. Smurfin

Smurfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,837
    Don't accept a 3rd unit. You are quite within your rights to demand a refund.

Sale of goods act means that the item must be fit for the purpose. They haven't been so far, and the law dictates that you are entitled to a CASH refund for the full amount.

5. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Smurfmiester is correct, it IS unfit and the fact that it has been replaced twice is proof, if they still refuse just go back to Panasonic and get them to instruct retailer to refund you.
    Anyway at least we now know not to buy off those shiesters :eek: :eek:

6. obiwan

obiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Wonder what batch it was from?

Im not too sure what to look for, I havnt projected a 7ft image yet as the screen is on order. Do these problems become more apparent with the size of projected image, I guess they do.

I have a temp screen(pull up matt white), projecting a 45-50" image and cant see a problem, is it something that developes over time??

7. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My first AE100 had very poor colour uniformity. I ended up having to get a refund from my credit card company. The retailer, Sound and Vision, refused to accept it was faulty.

My second unit had very slight uniformity problems but was more than acceptable, unfortunately, it stopped working after only 220 hours. It is currently sitting on a shelf at Discount Electric, waiting for someone to be arsed to do anything with it..

David McMullan
    Rotherham
    mcmullanbrush@aol.com

8. kam

kam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    (Tis my first post, so go easy!)

Sorry to hear bout your problem.

Have had my panny for about 3 months now - and was very happy with it....until, after reading about the colour uniformity problem on these boards a few weeks ago, I went and checked mine for the infamouse green and pink splodges....

Unfortunately for me I noticed a (very) slight colour uniformity problem. Was annoyed at first, as I thought I was lucky enough to get a 'perfect one' - no dead pixels and 150 odd hours on clock with no power blackouts.

I was seriously thinking of sending it back for a replacement.

Its very very minimal and only noticable on black and white films or films shot/lit like The Others and Panic Room (hazy/foggy/diluted)...and, importantly, only noticable if I really look for it.

However, I've since decided to stick with it after reading these posts that all LCD's PJs suffer from it to some extent. And, because its very subtle, I'll reckon I'll stick with my panny for now. I'd rather have this rarely noticable problem than a dead pixel/dodgy power supply/lamp/etc.

Only one question guys and gals, to make my mind up 100%....can I expect it to get worse over time?

Kam