pompey-Bought out by abu dhabi group

The EPL continues to die.

A businessman

And I do not think Pompey fans care as they were close to being without the proverbial paddle

The EPL continues to die.

I'd say improve,the best league seems to be getting better,apart from tonights joke from manchester.Our league is the most watched in the world.Im well happy with it:thumbsup:

I'd say improve,the best league seems to be getting better,apart from tonights joke from manchester.Our league is the most watched in the world.Im well happy with it:thumbsup:

If you continue to believe that then feel free.

More than half your league is now foreign-owned. They have no interest in the EPL other than to make money. English football has lost its soul and the majority of fans don't care as long as they get loads of money in and get a few star players.

Just look what happened your best team tonight - they were shown up by a true footballing team, who care less about money.

Forza football.

Does it matter if some Saudi buys Portsmouth? Man City are the richest team in the world but nobody wants to play for them. What hope have Portsmouth got?

But pompey were always in the hands of a foreigner. First Milan Manderich who helped us into the prem. Then Guydamark, who helped turn us into a FA Cup winner. So it hasn't been all bad.

I dont care if he comes from mars.
i have been watching Pompey (my local team) since 1968 and only last year have we had any success in the top flight since 49/50 so i say if this helps get us a new ground a few class players and lets me laugh even more at scumhampton in the lower league:D, i say roll on next season and play up pompey.

The EPL is the best in the world and thats down to the foreign influx we could not have made it what is is on our own.

But the fact these foreign owners care little about football and only about money has taken alot of the passion out.

The whole Man City saga is a joke they came in bought Robinho who didnt know who he signed for and then came out and said we are going to buy him and him and him and they all turned City town.

Like RMFC said if Man City can't get the players what hope has Portsmouth got? We need some more home grown owners and i think a wage cap and transfer cap accross world football could influence that.

I can also see Arsenal being taken over very shortly seeing how the shares are getting bought out. But at least they are trying to keep the heart of the club English even though the squad it's self isnt.

The EPL is the best in the world ....
No it's not. The cream of Spain obviously betters the top of the EPL, the depth of quality in Italy is much better than the EPL (watch an Italian relegation match followed by Sunderland v Hull for ample proof) and the excitement of the Bundesliga puts them all in the shade.

No it's not. The cream of Spain obviously betters the top of the EPL, the depth of quality in Italy is much better than the EPL (watch an Italian relegation match followed by Sunderland v Hull for ample proof) and the excitement of the Bundesliga puts them all in the shade.

So you put the EPL behind Spanish, Italian AND German football? :confused:

You prefer a slow paced Italian game to a Fast paced English match? Each to their own...

Then I recommended you watch a bit more and compare it to a Stoke vs. Bolton game. :smashin:

What I'm claiming is that to call the Serie A "slow-paced" like you are is wrong and smacks of the nonsense stereotype that has been applied to the Italian game for years, despite being completely untrue.

Last edited:
It makes me laugh when people post that foreign owners are killing english football and are only in it for money,do they really think the previous owners were charitable organisations.
All any owner (including abramovich)does is puts the club in to huge debt

Pompey are paying the price for harry redknapp,a so called wheeler dealer who gets players on free transfers then pays them massive wages (so they are not as free as they appear (west ham had the fourth biggest wage bill in the premiership when he was sacked) and considerring they very rarely sell out fratton park what good will a new stadfium do for the club (if they can get a site and planning permission for it)

It makes me laugh when people post that foreign owners are killing english football and are only in it for money,do they really think the previous owners were charitable organisations.

I would also add the following names/clubs

Peter Risdale (of the expensive goldfish)/Leeds
George Reynolds (imprisoned for tax evasion)/Darlington
Rupert Lowe (club in administration) /Southampton
Geoffrey Richmond (declared bankrupt) /Bradford

I could go on...but would say that nationality has very little to with whether someone is a 'fit and proper' person to run a club.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom