1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polyphonic Spree

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by James45, Feb 11, 2003.

1. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heard them on Graham Norton last night and I wasn't sure about them, the 30 second or so set they were given wasn't that impressive but it sounded like they might have potential. Has anyone heard them?

2. theambient

theambient

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think they're quite good... although in a fairly deranged way. Saw them at reading fest. and they were certainly refreshing. They dont really sound like 30+ musicians or however many there are... but then again about half of them are in the rather worryingly swaying choir that normally forms the backline. The front-man is loony... tres 1968

3. ag005613

ag005613
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also enjoyed seeing them at T in the Park lat year. In fact - they were one of the bizarre highlights of that festival.

The CD doesn't quite live up to their live performance but is still worth getting IMO. Quite different from most things out there - a sort of cross between the Beach Boys, Flaming Lips...???? Having said that the last track is a pile of mince (Scottish Slang) - and lasts for > 30 mins I think.

I give the album 7/10.