• Up!

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • WALL-E

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PoochJD

Hi,

Well, seeing as I wanted to cast my vote, I thought I'd create the poll. Hope it's to everyone's approval. :)

Pooch

PoochJD

Poll is now open, for the next 14 days only! You can make multpple selections, if you like more than one film, and ALL votes are anonymous too.

Pooch

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Well, seeing as I wanted to cast my vote, I thought I'd create the poll. Hope it's to everyone's approval. :)

Pooch
thanks mate, had a mare with it, i didn't want to create a 4th poll-less thread :laugh:

Last edited:

Starburst

Monsters Inc by a mile, not even going to multi-vote despite some of the others being excellent movies:)

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Monsters Inc here too, must admit they are ALL quality, but I found Wall E and Up! to be disappointing. Up! is the weakest Pixar imho, followed by Cars.

Beetlejuice

Monsters Inc is my favourite by some way. If I had to pick a top three, it would be:

1. Monsters Inc
2. Finding Nemo
3. A Bug's Life

PoochJD

Hi,

Top 2 for me would have to be:

1) A Bug's Life: An exceptional early work by Pixar, and stunningly animated with great use of lighting and shade, (check out the invasio by the grasshoppers, and the rain storm sequences), plus an exemplary script, which has a brilliantly dark undercurrent WW2 allegory about it (with the bugs as the Jews, the grasshoppers as the Nazis, and Hopper as Hitler! Watch it again, and you'll see what I mean!)

2) WALL-E: For the jaw-dropping opening half of the film, and for creating a heartwarming character who can express so much emotion, whilst barely speaking. The barren landscapes of a futuristic Earth, that is nothing but a hellhole, really works well!

I haven't seen many of the others, so can't comment on how good/bad they are. :(

Pooch

Sauce

Maybe it's just me, but I think Finding Nemo is one of the funniest films (of any genre) there is - the most enjoyable by a mile. I can see why some people wouldn't like Wall-E, but I think that's the one that best showcases their talents, not really from the beauty of the environments, but by creating lovable characters and an emotional story using what are essentially souped-up vacuum cleaners and virtually no dialogue. Excellent stuff.

Steven

Senior Moderator
I can understand why people do not hold Up! in as high a regard as other offerings, but nevertheless the opening montage is right up there and nothing less than superb cinema *sniff* *cry* :(

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
I can understand why people do not hold Up! in as high a regard as other offerings, but nevertheless the opening montage is right up there and nothing less than superb cinema *sniff* *cry* :(
I agree, it just went downhill after that :( I know it's a kids animation flick, but the talking dogs just killed it for me.

And Wall E - same story really (without the talking dogs :laugh: ). The first half was fantastic, the second half a bit of a letdown.

I suppose my favourites would be:

Monsters Inc
Finding Nemo
A Bugs Life

....with Ratatouille, The Incredibles and Toy Story coming close behind.

Blue Triangles

A tough one this. I went for Finding Nemo which just edges out a few of the others as the best of Pixar.

Cars is the Pixar movie I like the least.

badkarma

Monsters Inc by a mile, so much imagination which some others lack IMO, also agree up and wall-e are over rated.

Buttox Brown

I thought pixar did the best animation movies but when i have to think of the best one i'm struggling. Maybe as i've seen them too many times with my kids but i think i'm swayed more towards dreamworks now. Kung fu panda is my all time favourite animation flick.

To choose a pixar movie it has to be toy story 3!

tvmcp

Kung-Fu Panda for me too.

But voted for Ratatouille from list, animation is first class, and the story works really well.

Just watched Shrek forever after, what a relief they finished series with another great film, definitely demo material as well.

PoochJD

Hi,

WALL-E is showing on BBC1 on New Year's Day at 3pm approx, and in HD too on BBC-HD! :clap: Not sure if they will show it in full 2.35:1 widescreen, or if it will be zoomed in to 1.85:1.

Pooch

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Is this a yearly poll:laugh:

Not seen TS3 yet but from all the others I have to vote for TS2:thumbsup:

jabintendo

Monsters inc. Always cry at the end when boo yells out 'kitty' at the end. :p
Also really love Incredibles.

Jan Pogonowski

I've just watched Toy Story 3 on Blu-Ray and have to say it is yet another fantastic addition to the Pixar library, every Pixar film seems to be of such a high quality. But I do think "Cars" is the worst. :suicide:

My favourite is WALL-E, it is just tooo lovely. I think the original Toy Story was great, but it is now by far the most "primitive" looking.

Last edited:

Ightenhill

Monsters Inc and Nemo for me.. Never really got Incredibles, bored the socks of me to early in the first 20mins to redeem itself (A problem I have had with the writing in most recent pixar films Cars being the worst followed closely by TS3 which looked great but was simply the most pedestrian writing and voice acting yet - exceptions are Ratatouille and Wall E which I totally enjoyed)

Last edited:

Barneyrubble uk

I've just watched Toy Story 3 on Blu-Ray and have to say it is yet another fantastic addition to the Pixar library, every Pixar film seems to be of such a high quality. But I do think "Cars" is the worst. :suicide:

My favourite is WALL-E, it is just tooo lovely. I think the original Toy Story was great, but it is now by far the most "primitive" looking.
Agree with 90% of what you said :eek: until TS3 came out and took the top spot for me :smashin:

Top Bottom