poll - rate your best 32" ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ubik, Mar 4, 2003.

1. ubik

ubik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, forgetting for the moment all the various problems,
    how would you rate the following.
    My budget is £1000, i would like the sony fq80 but its out of my price range
    1 sony fs66 (with free dvd player but then I have an alba 103)
    2 Philips 32PW9527 pixel plus range (with 1/2 decent sound)
    3 Pannys
    4 Tosh's

I watch dvd movies and a LOT of football

or would I be better to hang the lot and just get a £500 50hz
    and a really good sound system

confused of milton keynes :confused:

2. Jonathan West

Jonathan West

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I jyst bought a Philips 32PW6006 (£481.50), Nicam only, to connect to my hi-fi for surround etc. Good TV - and great sound!

I did not even consider a ProLogic TV since there is no way it could beat my system with decent hi-fi speakers etc.

3. Jonathan West

Jonathan West

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I jyst bought a Philips 32PW6006, Nicam only, to connect to my hi-fi for surround etc. Good TV - and great sound!

I did not even consider a ProLogic TV since there is no way it could beat my system with decent hi-fi speakers etc.

(That'll teach me to try and use the Back button ...!)

4. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi,

I got myself one of the last 32FQ75 sets just before Christmas for £749 (with the stand) and for that I reckon I got a great TV I know it's discontinued now but I got 3year new for old warranty for £80. I too would have gone for the FQ80 but it just couldn't be justified for the extra features related to the price, I'm more than happy with the FQ75 the pictures are fantastic and there are loads of features to keep you happy/busy playing around with...not sure that you can still get this set now though but for that kind of money it would surely be worth a look..just my 2p worth

So there's my recommendation for a set which will give you a wallet full of change from £1000 the 32FQ75
    It certainly gives me some of the best TV images I've ever seen on any set and the packaging itself is one of the nicest (sexiest) around....IMHO at least!!

I must point out that I did have to have a modified Jboard fitted though but it was because of scart signal cross over and I think I may have had the scrolling bar issue but that has definately been sorted now. Don't think I would have even noticed them if it hadnt been brought to my attention on this site and I had sat 'looking' for them!!!

5. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I went for the Sony 32fx66 which I cannot fault, the picture is flawless and is a really strong all round performer especially for football and dvds(mine has lost its buzz as well!!)...............I previously had the philips 9527 and could not get on with it due to the constant trails that were left behind fast moving images, and trying to watch football was impossible.......dvd playback was excellent tho'(except for action scenes) and the onboard sound was brilliant, but I could not live with these faults and I haven't mentioned the black bars and the auto switch off feature that mine developed when it felt like!

So IMHO I would take a close look at the Sony I picked mine up for 930 inc del and stand about 3 months ago but you can get much better delas now i'm sure somebody posted that they picked one up for 799 all in if thats the case the set is an absolute bargain:D

6. neilybealy

neilybealy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    i'm also very happy with my sony kv32fx66

£894 delivered from John Lewis with a 4 year warranty

oh, better make that £834 because they phoned yesterday and said they phoned electro centre again and the price had dropped so JL are giving me £60 back

great service i do think

:smashin:

7. nickdhall

nickdhall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi ubik...

cant comment on the tv yet as its being delivered thursday but i got the 32fx66 with stand and delivery AND free sony dvd player for £799 from J Lewis...

that must be hard to beat for the money i reckon... good luck!

8. ubik

ubik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys,
    keep em coming,
    I think I am going to go the Sony route.
    If i go for the fs66,
    I have change left for a decent sound system.

And thanks Neilybealy, I might just track down the fq75 and have a look.

9. factifano

factifano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had new Tosh 32ZP18Q for two weeks now. Wow!! Have not experienced any of the problems on the earlier threads. Excellent picture and sound on DVD & Sky thro component & RGB scart. I live in very poor terestial reception area and will always get shadows but the picture clarity is A1 here too. Maybe seperates for sound is better but at what cost and clutter. The 5.1 DD and Prologic works very well. I will definitely not be sending it back. Bought on line at Robertsons, long delivery time but at around £400 cheaper than Currys etc well worth the wait.

10. Jayb

Jayb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the 32ZD26p for a week now and after some tweeking the picture is spot on, I still have to sort out the geometry issue but it is not too bad (no one has noticed only me)
    This TV really stands out when coupled with a progressive scan DVD player, I have the Tosh 520 (MR £199 from RS) and when playing a NTSC disc the quality of the picture is brilliant and friends have commented too on how good the picture is so I know its not just me....:D

I managed to get JL to price match with Hispek Electronics at £899 and I got free delivery and a free 5 year warranty

Good luck in your search...:smashin: