POLL: Have you used your PS3 since you got your PS4?

Have you used your PS3 since you got your PS4?

• Total voters
Not turned on my 360 or PS3 since I switched over to the next gen but that's mainly because I just got the new systems and want to play with them for a bit.

I do plan on turning both my previous consoles back on soon though. Services like PSN+ make it hard to put the PS3 away as it keeps adding games I want to try out.

I load up all sorts of stuff on my PS3... for my kids to play so I can remote play the PS4, lol.

I can't vote as I don't have a PS3, but I do have a X360 and I have to say I'm still using it quite a bit at the moment(mainly GTA V) since none of the PS4 games have really grabbed me, I don't think a new game/next gen game is going to grab me till OutLast or Watchdogs, after Watchdogs I think we are going to be getting some truly new experiences like The Division.

You need to get up on NFS and Alldrive with more people BluWarfare... it's good fun playing with other people.

I'm not ashamed to say i haven't. Will do in Feb when the new Final Fantasy comes out though......(I say feb but may be later).

That'll prob be the last game i buy for it.

Regularly.
Ive far too much to play and lets be honest, theres hardly anything to hold my interest for long with the dire launch line up we got.

Regularly.
Ive far too much to play and lets be honest, theres hardly anything to hold my interest for long with the dire launch line up we got.
I think its far from dire. I've actually got too much to play!!!

Not turned on either 360 or PS3 since getting my PS4.

Saying that, i am feeling the urge to dust off the drums, play some Rockband, and catch up with people that havent jumped to next gen...

Due to the huge collection of unplayed games thanks to PS+ i cant see me ditching my PS3 for a long time, for us having the PS3, and our new additions from Santa (PS4 and Vita) we are maximising our PS+ account only problem is getting time to play all the content ive accumulated since joining at the end of 2011.

I am tempted by the Rain deal in the 12 days deals though.....

I have mine upstairs so I have played GTA5 briefly on it and used it for watching Blurays, plenty coming on PS Plus I want to play in the future.

I think its far from dire. I've actually got too much to play!!!
Yah, I have 13 games already to play (15 early next month)... and 5 of them I want to play everyday, just don't have the time for it.

Currently playing NFS and LOVING IT! It looks so freaking crisp and every car handles differently and sounds like the real deal. The music is good too. The horns are laughable but true to form... beep beep.

Purchased games:
(5) BF4, KZ4, Skylanders Swap Force, Trine 2, Flower

Previously purchased games:
(2) Escape Plan, Sound Shapes

Free games:
(5) DCUO (I would play this with other people, but not much on my own tbh), Blacklight Retribution (way more fun than people give credit for), Warframe (really need a party for this to be fun), War Thunder (when it releases in the US). CoD Ghosts (got this free from Amazon).

PS Plus games:
(3) Contrast, Resogun, Don't Starve (early next month)

I have more than enough to keep me off my PS3... shame though because I have some of the greatest games released last gen that have never been touched by me. I just need my kids to grow up and be able to feed them damn selves!!! :rotfl:

Pretty much only using my PS3 at the moment for video streaming (most evenings) plus the odd quick game of GTA5.
Think I've only switched my PS4 on twice since I got it and that was for a quick look at Battlefield and NFS Rivals. Hopefully I'll have a proper chance over Xmas. Needs more games but will grab a copy of AC4 at some point soon.

PS4 will be my primary system once the get the DLNA implemented :)

Yes. I have 2 PS3s.

#1 is on same TV as PS4. On day 1 I launched AC4 on both and switched between HDMI inputs to see how noticeable the difference was - answer, huge!

Since then I've bought Sleeping Dogs DLC in the add-on sale and completed Nightmare in North Point.

Also have second PS3 in bedroom, on which I've downloaded most of my PS+ backlog. Haven't done much with that yet.

I played NFS Rivals and a little Resogun for about a week. PS4 hasn't even been turned on since. Currently playing GT6 and awaiting the DLC for The Last of Us.
The PS4 needs some decent games before I switch it on again (Uncharted 4 anyone??)

Yes. I have 2 PS3s.

#1 is on same TV as PS4. On day 1 I launched AC4 on both and switched between HDMI inputs to see how noticeable the difference was - answer, huge!

Since then I've bought Sleeping Dogs DLC in the add-on sale and completed Nightmare in North Point.

Also have second PS3 in bedroom, on which I've downloaded most of my PS+ backlog. Haven't done much with that yet, but sure I will in new year as we wait for new games.

You didn't like NFS?!?! FORSHAME MAN!!!

I gave mine to my mam , It's hilarious watching a 67 year old woman trying to play games after never touching a console before

I think she will just end up using it to watch blu rays :laugh:

lol.. that's awesome that she actually tried to play the games.

"Take that you son of a *****" as she shoots some 1337 kid on CoD. "Danny, get me ma ovaltine! And a 5th of Jack!"

I gave mine to my mam , It's hilarious watching a 67 year old woman trying to play games after never touching a console before

I think she will just end up using it to watch blu rays :laugh:

Must be like watching my wife trying to play games on my PS3 - she has no idea what's she's doing :)
I have two PS3s with one in the bedroom for BD and streaming. Will be keeping the one in the living room until the PS4 can do DLNA, then I'll probably give it to my brother for his kids to play on.

I've still loads of PS3 games to play (20 or so) but no chance I will ever complete them and some I'll probably never get round to starting! Curse you PS Plus!

i returned home with my PS4, un-plugged the cables from the PS3, plugged them into PS4. its been like that since :(

not touched it

After spending a few hours on the PS4 I decided to sell it on for what I paid. There last gen games that I still haven't played which are better than the current batch of next gen ones. Off the top of my head I've still to play Metro Last Light, Bioshock Infinite, Batman Arkham City and Fez among others. I won't be getting back into PS4 until a steady stream of better titles start to appear.

The next gen games are just slightly better looking sequels that are of similar or worse quality than their prequels. Currently playing Skyrim & Hitman Absolution on Xbox360 and just bought Outland, Call of Juarez Gunslinger and Scott Pilgrim in the Ubisoft sale so I have a few titles to keep me going for a while.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom