Question Polk Signature vs Martin Logan Motion

ashd6499

Novice Member
Hiya!

I am looking to upgrade my home theater setup and need some help. I have a Yamaha RX-V685 receiver and 2 Musiccast 20 satellite speakers. I am looking at the either Polk Signature or Martin Logan Motions for my center and fronts:
Option 1: Martin Logan 8i and 2 4i bookshelves
Option 2: Polk CSiA6 and 2 RTiA3 bookshelves
Option 3: Polk S30 and 2 S20 bookshelves

My room is medium-sized 25'X15'. I would be using this setup mainly for watching movies and TV.
Is any one of these options better than the others? I am not able to demo the Polks where I live. Would also love a recommendation on a sub to add to this setup.

Thank you!

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hiya! This is UK based forum so we have limited amount of owners for those brands.

RTi and CSi range are step up from Signature range, but they are also reported brighter sounding where as the Signature range is smoother sounding so tricky to know which you would prefer. You also get real wood veneer finish with the RTi/CSi ranges over the cheaper vinyl of Signature. Martin Logans look nice too if you want smaller speakers with gloss finish. Polk RTi/CSi has 6,5" drivers vs. Martin Logans 4" so there is noticeable difference.

Not a small room. What is your max budget for subwoofer? Hopefully +500$.

ashd6499

Novice Member
Thank you for your reply. I am leaning towards Polk because of the larger drivers. Although the Martin Logan’s do pack a punch
Not sure about a subwoofer yet. Would love a recommendation!

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Thank you for your reply. I am leaning towards Polk because of the larger drivers. Although the Martin Logan’s do pack a punch
Not sure about a subwoofer yet. Would love a recommendation!
Plenty of good things said about the Polks and the large center channel is especially intresting. If you order from Amazon you should have return option so basically it´s non risk purchase then as you can return them if you aren´t happy. If you aren´t in hurry wait for Black Friday deals, you never know.. For subwoofers there will be good deals if you can wait till end of the month!

I can`t give you recommendation without budget cause there is models from 400$ to 12000$ so some kind of idea how much you can spend is needed. :) And possibly also thinking would you go with one or two woofers. Buying one good now and adding second in future perhaps. There is benefits for dual subwoofers, what they are specifically (not just more bass) you can read here:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom